• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: D.Gray-man Hallow

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsvkkis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:53 am Reply with quote
I haven't read chapter 223 of the manga yet, but I feel like there's some type of big secret/plot twist with Tyki at its center and it excites me
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Masakazu Nishida endows Tyki with the necessary sex appeal, but it's impossibly unfair to compare him against the diabolically charming Toshiyuki Morikawa.

Sad but true, though his sexy new looks kinda make up for it.

Even though i' ve watched the original anime and read the manga, i'm sometimes having a hard time remembering all the important plot points, characters or relationships, so i' m especially grateful for the weekly reviews...
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
I see we are of the same mind as far as Tyki is concerned, Merida. I also wanted to say thank you for your kind words earlier.
yappers4

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Interesting the how Tyki is a foil to Allen. Also, Wisely said something about Tyki's similarities with someone which made Road make him to remain in silence. I believe Road's Noah memories are intact in contrast to what Earl says. Looking forward to more.

If I recall correctly, in the manga it is stated that Road is the only Noah to not have died and reborn so she has all of her original memories.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
yappers4 wrote:
tintor2 wrote:
Interesting the how Tyki is a foil to Allen. Also, Wisely said something about Tyki's similarities with someone which made Road make him to remain in silence. I believe Road's Noah memories are intact in contrast to what Earl says. Looking forward to more.

If I recall correctly, in the manga it is stated that Road is the only Noah to not have died and reborn so she has all of her original memories.

I see. Thanks.
fuff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:09 am Reply with quote
"Tyki proceeds to cut off both of Tokusa's arms with a smile"
it wasnt tyki it was Sheril...need to check ur facts
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:50 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty confident it's Tyki. While they both wear their hair in a ponytail now, Tyki's hair has a blue-ish color. Tyki's outfit is also different (sleeveless on one side), and the arm cutting through Tokusa is naked. After that, Tyki turns around to address Allen. Later on, it's Sheril who crushes Tokusa through the wall - very different voice, very different smile.
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:52 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the order has a traitor like Suman considering the Noah already knows about Alma
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:18 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
I wonder if the order has a traitor like Suman considering the Noah already knows about Alma

Possible, or the Earl can sense they've been tampering with the egg when they created the Third Exorcists. Maybe he can sense their Akuma part even if he didn't create them himself?
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Rating: B- (because whoever was in charge of that spoilerific preview deserves a minus)

Ouch. I guess I was lucky I avoided that.l
fuff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Knoepfchen wrote:
I'm pretty confident it's Tyki. While they both wear their hair in a ponytail now, Tyki's hair has a blue-ish color. Tyki's outfit is also different (sleeveless on one side), and the arm cutting through Tokusa is naked. After that, Tyki turns around to address Allen. Later on, it's Sheril who crushes Tokusa through the wall - very different voice, very different smile.

no if u look at the bangs, and the manga...and yesterdays ep..u will see it was sheril and not tykki
Peebs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:18 pm Reply with quote
I was ready for today's episode to be the one to break me in half and then revive just so I can watch the rest of this tragedy unfold. I have to wait another week. It's very tempting to go back to the manga, but I want to be "surprised" all over again. The review for this episode was spot on.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:16 am Reply with quote
The series keeps surprising me with how dark, gory and comical it is. The way Kanda and Alma became friends made me laugh a lot
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I heard of this series

being new to this series.. should i read the manga first or watch the anime first ?
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
You could either watch the old TV series or read the first 157 chapters of the manga before you start with Hallow. This current series is a direct continuation, you would probably get very little out of it if you started here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5