• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Oh My Goddess! Creator Fujishima, Cosplayer Otogi Announce Birth of Child

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to them.

How ironic that the birth of their child is a few days after the release of Black Rose Valkyrie. For those who have been following the news on that, you know whats happening. lol
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations to them both! Very Happy I wish Mr. Fujishima-san, Mrs. Otogi-san, and their newborn many happy years. Smile
Afezeria

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Congratulation for their child, and hope they live a happy and merry life together.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Welp.. time to switch my major to manga artist so I too can live the dream.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:47 pm Reply with quote
I guess if their child is a girl, then it's going to be named Belldandy Anime hyper

Congrats to the new couple. May they have happy years to come!
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if he got her pregnant, and because of that they decided to get married. I don't really know how Japanese culture is about having children before marriage, but it seems like it's still generally looked down upon in plenty of countries.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
to repay back the support everyone gave me, I will do my best at producing my work.

So that means he wasn't doing his best at wrapping up Ah Megami-sama? Rolling Eyes
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry, let me just clean this blood... crying really hurts.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
What are they apologizing for? They just increased the population in Japan!! People should be thanking them! Congratulations! I hope they find a lot of joy and love as a family together.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:52 am Reply with quote
I hope this works out. I don't know Fujishima's ex-wife will feel about the announcement. She's probably livid right about now.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:54 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I hope this works out. I don't know Fujishima's ex-wife will feel about the announcement. She's probably livid right about now.

Ex-wife? Fujishima's never been married before. Methinks you're confusing him with To-Love-Ru's Kentaro Yabuki?... Smile

Congrats to the couple! Smile
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:20 am Reply with quote
Congrats. I still wonder if he is the biological sad. Just because he said it was their kid, that does not necessarily mean he is the genetic supplier to this to hot lady.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:43 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Congrats. I still wonder if he is the biological dad. Just because he said it was their kid, that does not necessarily mean he is the genetic supplier to this to hot lady.

Considering both of them have flirting on Twitter for 2 years before their marriage revealed, then he is indeed the father.
#sukkar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
I wonder if he got her pregnant, and because of that they decided to get married. I don't really know how Japanese culture is about having children before marriage, but it seems like it's still generally looked down upon in plenty of countries.

I would assume this to be the case. This happens a lot with Japanese actors and musicians. A sudden marriage is often indicative of "Crap, we're having a kid out of wedlock and the media is going to destroy us".
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:05 am Reply with quote
#sukkar wrote:
I would assume this to be the case. This happens a lot with Japanese actors and musicians. A sudden marriage is often indicative of "Crap, we're having a kid out of wedlock and the media is going to destroy us".

I initially thought this also, and it does seem the most likely case, but today I was wondering, considering her job is VERY close to that of an "idol", its POSSIBLE that they've just kept this secret until recently (when it is no longer possible to hide it). That is ALSO pretty normal in Japan for seiyuu and other actresses. Basically maintain your "innocent" popularity as long as you can until the announcement MIGHT torpedo your career.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2