• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha's Magazine Special to Cease Publication in January

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drunk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:28 am Reply with quote
Pastel is STILL being serialized? Damn...I haven't read it in a long time, because I felt it dragged on for too long...is the story anywhere near an ending yet? If not, they could move it to the monthly magazine...
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
If there was a way to get him to wrap that up, this would be it. Yea the story sort of just went slice of life at this point.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:09 am Reply with quote
Don't really know what to make of this tbh. Kodansha have really been pushing this magazine these past few years as one of their 3 major shonen magazines alongside Weekly Shonen Magazine and Bessatsu Shonen Magazine.

The magazine heavily relies on re-serializating older works, omakes & spin-offs of popular series (such as Fairy Tail and Nanatsu no Taizai), being the destination for popular series that transfer over, and physical goods bundled with it. They hard just recently started re-serializing Hajime no Ippo from the beginning, rescue licensed Gang King (which they're kinda pushing) and adding some new series, so I don't think they'll completely kill the magazine. Something tells me it's just gonna get replaced by a new revamped version of the magazine.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
Pastel is STILL being serialized? Damn...I haven't read it in a long time, because I felt it dragged on for too long...is the story anywhere near an ending yet? If not, they could move it to the monthly magazine...

Well this magazine is a monthly magazine, and it's been in it since 2003.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
It has been running in this monthly magazine for over 12 years now. I am awaiting the day a legal simulpub gets all the chapters or when a scanlation team is caught with up with all 200+ chapters.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
Just a quick news tip (for ANN), in relation to this topic;

Fairy Girls spin-off manga has just ended on Aug 20 in this year's 9th issue (source: physical copy of magazine special and kodansha's magazine pocket app)

Looks like the magazine is starting to kill some series as the end of the magazine approaches.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1