• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Free!! Swim Club Story Gets New Screen Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Blackiris_ wrote:
The anime ended perfectly after S2, and we already have a prequel movie. I don't think we need more Free! in anime format. KyoAni should rather dedicate the energy to a new project (and something better than Phantom World, please).

Given how S2 ended, they could still make one more iteration about Haru and Rin competing internationally (maybe even the Tokyo Olympics?) and if they do it right I don't think it'd feel unnecessary or forced

Yes, that would be an option. But I felt like finding out what the characters actually want to do in the future became much more important that swimming itself in the second half of Eternal Summer, and it would feel like a step back to me if they returned from the more mature, realistic themes to the standard sports stuff. Sometimes I find it much more enjoyable if the future isn't explicitely shown or mapped out, though I have to admit I'd be interested to see how the story continues after a major timeskip, especially if it actually does involve the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics.
quaton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:04 am Reply with quote
Free! wrapped things up neatly in those 2 seasons so there's no need for more. Also the director already left the studio.
High Speed! on the other hand was great and still has room for more so I'm hoping for the new project to be something High Speed! related.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 am Reply with quote
A proper grown up ases sequel version is needed, no words, I dont care if they have beards or children now heaven knows that we just wanted to see the lil pimps grown up and reunited again
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2