• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How Can I Support Anime?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sujit balaji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
i love anime like one punch , fairy tail, blue exorcist , boku no hero acadeima
but i do not have a idea how to support it
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
^
Where do you live?

Watching anime legally is always a good start, but if you live in Japan there is a lot more that you can do than if you live elsewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sujit balaji

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
hi Touma, i live in India where anime have been watched illegal. but i am not that type of guy,i try to contribute some money i have
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN sujit balaji. I edited your title so it made more sense for others.Typically here at ANN we ask users when creating threads to explain the point of their thread and how it is relevant.

When you ask how can you support anime what do you mean? Are you asking how can you watch or buy it legally? Are you asking how you can support the companies or creators? Obviously watching and buying anime is not as easy for those in countries other than the major ones where anime is distributed. It would be helpful if you could explain exactly what you mean so others could respond more specifically. Thank you.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
If you can, subscribe to Crunchyroll and watch anime there. If Crunchyroll tells you something stupid about not being available in your country, then find a proxy website based in the US, UK, or other supported country, subscribe, and then watch as normal. This is how I got around Qobuz' stupid bullshit about not being available to people in the US. It's like, who the fudge cares? Money is money, and I'm willing to pay.

Anyway, it will be English-subtitled, but you seem to have a good handle on comprehending the language, so I think you should be fine. Smile

If you run into issues with payment, use PayPal. The service automatically converts whatever currency you pay in to whatever currency demanded. Depending on exchange rates, this could be very cheap or very expensive for you. According to Google, the current value of USD$1 is INR₹66.71. A premium Crunchyroll subscription is USD$6.95 per month. So, INR₹463.61 per month. I have no idea how expensive that would be for you, so make of that what you will.

Of course, this primarily supports the US market. I don't know how you'd go about contributing to the Indian market.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:12 am Reply with quote
I think Crunchyroll is in India, so you can try that. I don't know of any anime streaming service that's available outside of North America besides that one, but I'm sure there are some DVD distributors.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1