• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Things You Might Not Know About Masashi Kishimoto

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Another fact Kishimoto ruined his own series
jymmy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:05 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Last poll was as expected. Not much love for Popplio. spoiler[At least it did better than Aquors did in today's episode]

I laughed out loud at that, but come on, you have to put the fact that you're talking about Love Live! Sunshine!! outside the spoiler marks. Otherwise people have no idea whether or not they'll be spoiled by it.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:53 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:

But this article is about things we don't know about Kishimoto. Razz
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
zrnzle500 wrote:
Last poll was as expected. Not much love for Popplio. spoiler[At least it did better than Aquors did in today's episode]

I laughed out loud at that, but come on, you have to put the fact that you're talking about Love Live! Sunshine!! outside the spoiler marks. Otherwise people have no idea whether or not they'll be spoiled by it.

It would have been difficult to phrase it in a way that wouldn't spoil either the show or the joke. Maybe after it but that point is now moot.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I knew about Seishi Kishimoto, always felt a bit bad for him. Imagine if JK Rowling had an identical twin sister who wrote Divergent or something. Very Happy

Didn't know Ichraku Ramen was based on a real place (or that ramen really is Kishimoto's favorite food). And I didn't know he was a big Gundam fan. The other 3 facts make a lot of sense. Akira basically inspired everybody (even the International Olympic Committee, considering that they're willing to take the risk of actually setting the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo!), $20 million sounds about right, and I didn't know that Kishimoto was uncomfortable with PDA featuring his characters, but I think the most intimate form of expression we got in the manga was Shikimaru and Temari holding hands. (He must avoid fan doujins like the plague!)

I think we can cast the whole Naruto live action movie based on the current poll choices: Maille Flanagan as Naruto (believe it!), Jaden Smith as Sasuke, Scarlett Johansson as Sakura, Jared Leto as Kakashi, Idris Elba as the 3rd Hokage, Peter Dinklage as the Pervy Sage Jiraiya. Zac Efron as Shikamaru, and Pee Wee Herman as...I don't know...one of Kakashi's ninja dogs (he'll have to wear a dog costume). I don't know the other actors on the list, but Naruto has so many characters they (and the dead mouse) can all get parts!
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I knew about Seishi Kishimoto, always felt a bit bad for him. Imagine if JK Rowling had an identical twin sister who wrote Divergent or something. Very Happy

Well to be fair to the author of the Divergent series, they did get movie trilogy made based off of it, so they are certainly more successful than Seishi is. But I get where you were going with that.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, it's not the best analogy for "successful series that's not even as close to popular as the other series." Were none of Seishi's series even adapted as anime?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Yeah, it's not the best analogy for "successful series that's not even as close to popular as the other series." Were none of Seishi's series even adapted as anime?

None of his four serialized manga were ever adapted as anime.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:15 am Reply with quote
I need to finish O-Parts Hunter someday (own all the volumes and read the first half of them) but what I read was actually pretty good stuff. Though I've heard the ending feels rushed.
varmintx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:24 am Reply with quote
This is the greatest poll in the history of the column.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:33 am Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I need to finish O-Parts Hunter someday (own all the volumes and read the first half of them) but what I read was actually pretty good stuff. Though I've heard the ending feels rushed.

As I recall it was cancelled.

theNightster wrote:

Eh there's been worse series where the author ruined it.
Blue Naruto Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:49 am Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
Quote:
Here are a few snippets of trivia about the author of one of the most beloved shonen manga in the world!

You say most beloved manga, and I say filler ridden anime that milks the cow dry. Laughing Whatever makes money I guess... It's just not something that interests me. Even when I decided to see what all the buzz was about towards the end of the manga, it just didn't give me the same feeling that I get from reading stuff like My Hero Academia or One Piece. Hell, I seem to be enjoying Toriko more so than what I read of Naruto towards the end, which is surprising. I'm not sure if my opinion would change all that much if I decided to invest the time to read Naruto from beginning to end, but my gut feeling tells me I'd more or less feel the same as I do now.

OK WHAT?? did you just really leave a comment to be a mindless "milking the cow" hater
smh, one piece is crap btw

Last edited by Blue Naruto Fan on Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Blue Naruto Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:55 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
20 millions is a bit sad, I mean how much is JK Rowling worth?

lmao, how is that sad, he's basically a millionare Laughing
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:23 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
20 millions is a bit sad, I mean how much is JK Rowling worth?

JK Rowling is definitely richer, but I would argue that Harry Potter's popularity as a series of novels has been way bigger than Naruto's popularity as an anime and manga series. One of them has a segment of a theme park chain themed on it, while the other one doesn't.

#860685 wrote:
lmao, how is that sad, he's basically a millionare Laughing

The idea is that Masashi Kishimoto should logically be richer than that, and it's a subtle jab at the way most of the money goes to Shueisha's executives and production committee people rather than the authors and editors.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:50 am Reply with quote
I never knew any of those things about Masashi even the part about having a twin brother, well learn something new everyday I guess. Also I believe that Dakota Goyo is the best choice for the role of Naruto he did do a great job in Real Steal and is currently only 16. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4