• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need some help with a DVD cover.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi folks Chrno2 here,

Wanted to put out an request to anyone that can help out.

I'm looking for anyone that can send PDF scan for the Code Geass Part 1 set DVD cover.

This would be the sleeve portion that the 2 DVD cases came in. Just like the Part II and Part III.

The reason I need this is, awhile back I had purchased a copy of Gurren Lagann set 01 and Code Geass Part 1 set from a online retailer called DVD Pacific (which is now defunct) as a donation for the collection. When we got them they were 2 separate DVD cases and we processed them for the collection as normal. But later when we got the later parts of each series, they came with the original slip cases. I found this odd until I researched this and realized that the first sets had the same treatment. So technically the slip cases were missing for the first sets but available for the later sets. When I brought this to their attention they asked me to send them back. But that wasn't an option anymore, as they had been marked up for circulation. And they didn't apologize for the error on their end either.

For years I had been wanting to get this series consolidated correctly but never got around to it. And I really don't want anyone slicing up their boxes just to help me out. I'd never consider such a thing. Because there are other ways to do this.

This summer I consolidated over 787 DVDs for our collection over the summer. A good portion were TV shows and animation. Which also mean I'd be going back and consolidating anime shows too. As we had finally started increasing the disc capacity, as we weren't doing that at the time. But now we have to because we're running out of space. The good thing is that students now have an opportunity to take out the entire series the way it was meant to be.

Luckily I was able to find a cover for GL set 01 but none exists for Code Geass Part 1. I cannot use the LE cover because of UPC number. I've finished the project except for a few loose ends.

If anyone can help out give me a buzz. It would be greatly appreciated.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote

May I safely assume that this doesn't help you at all?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:

May I safely assume that this doesn't help you at all?

To some degree. But it has to be the exact image for that edition. We can't just use imagery from mock ups. But thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1