• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Visual Art's/Key's Harmonia Kinetic Novel's Trailer Reveals English Release on Friday

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pikopika

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:11 am Reply with quote
I can't wait! I want to eventually purchase it.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:15 am Reply with quote
Kind of seems like the wind is really out of Key/Visual Arts' sails at the moment? The anticipation of a new title from the famed creators of Clannad and Angel Beats! seems somewhat muted both here and elsewhere (the Key Studios Community on FB for example). Could be that a couple duds in a row (Charlotte, this season's Rewrite anime) have people skeptical or just worn out on the brand.

Obviously, this is just subjective from my POV. No offense meant to people who are going to get it on release day and dig right in.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
I knew I forgot to submit something else KEY-related to the news lol. The official site lists it as only $9.99 while it's leaked announcement poster showed it at $14.99. I find that a bit interesting. I really wonder how short the game is....I don't expect more than 10 hours.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
Planetarian was about 3 hours (if you read quickly) to 6 hours (if you listened to the voices on "auto"). I'm expecting around the same length. There's no way you should ever expect a budget-priced kinetic novel with just a few characters to have much more than that.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Kind of seems like the wind is really out of Key/Visual Arts' sails at the moment? The anticipation of a new title from the famed creators of Clannad and Angel Beats! seems somewhat muted both here and elsewhere (the Key Studios Community on FB for example). Could be that a couple duds in a row (Charlotte, this season's Rewrite anime) have people skeptical or just worn out on the brand.
Good to see someone else shares my opinion on those latter two given people in the comments sections saying "what's wrong with you? Charlotte (Rewrite) is the best ever" but I'd suggest the lack-lustre reception may be that it is because it is a KN and not an anime or full game. Personally, I'll wait to see how glowing the reviews are before getting it (or not) but I really liked the Planeterian KN and anime so I'm hopeful.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:40 am Reply with quote
I thought that Charlotte was "ok".. Rewrite however I agree 100% that was a big disappointment.

As for this... I'll probably pick it up.. article says its out today.. anyone grab it yet?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
If I was to buy this, it would go appropriate with my username. That is, in Greek myth, Kadmos is the Phoinikian prince who introduced the alphabet to the Greek and founded the city of Thivai (Thebes), Greece. His wife was harmony goddess, Harmonia.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
As for this... I'll probably pick it up.. article says its out today.. anyone grab it yet?

Picked it up and 'played' it for a little over an hour on auto. Really lovely music. Very similar to Planetarian in that it's between a robot and a human in a seemingly post-apocalyptic world where there's a sentimental object that the protagonist needs to repair. The female lead Shiona is just as quirky as well, which will be pretty much immediately apparent in the first chapter. That said, I am intrigued and will definitely 'play' it to its conclusion. The notion of spoiler[Shiona being able to perceive the the feelings of the inner soul as colors and Rei only being able to observe external expressions] makes the 'robot learning emotions' basic premise more enjoyable for me.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
If I was to buy this, it would go appropriate with my username. That is, in Greek myth, Kadmos is the Phoinikian prince who introduced the alphabet to the Greek and founded the city of Thivai (Thebes), Greece. His wife was harmony goddess, Harmonia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1