• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Bugs & Technical Questions] Can't make reply?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VeritasJohns

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:26 am Reply with quote
I'm trying to post a reply, but when I click view message it takes me to a "Page not found" page.

What's up with that?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I can answer that for you. The reason you're seeing that message is because your first 2 posts are sitting in the staff section's "moderated posts" area. The reason for this is because you posted a link in your first post. It's an automatic security feature here. Anytime a brand new user tries to make a post that contains a link in their first post the post then gets flagged and the user automatically gets placed on moderation. That means their posts sit in the moderated posts area of the staff section waiting to either be approved by a moderator/admin or trashed entirely. It's a security feature that helps snag a lot of bots and spam. Unfortunately sometimes it snags new legitimate users. It's an easy thing to fix. Like how I approved and moved your comment here.

However, that being said your first 2 posts are in fact being trashed and will not be approved. Since you're new you might want to check out the rules here. Rule #1 being "Be Civil". A rude soapboxing rant filled with cursing, Trump references, and a pointless Jim Carey gif (the link that got you snagged by the filter) is not civil. I'm sure you'll claim, like everyone else who claims censorship because we won't allow them to run off at the mouth like it's x-box live, we're just being censorship nazis. The fact is if you want to complain about how the AoA interview, or any other interview or column piece, didn't mention their prices because we're obviously paid off by them (as opposed to AoA going over the interview and agreeing on what could and could not be presented) you're welcome to do so. Provided you present your opinions and question in a more civil manner without the cursing, ranting, and pointless insults.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1