• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hoshino's D.Gray-man Manga Takes 1-Issue Break

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:17 am Reply with quote
Wow. I knew it switched magazines, but I didn't think she was suffering illness like Togashi.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:23 am Reply with quote
^If I remember correctly, she developped some sort of condition in her wrist which makes it hard for her to draw -hence the long hiatus and the switch to a quarterly publication-

Man, this is very disappointing news. I really hoped she'd be able to finish the manga already, even if it was gonna take a while given the publication schedule. I hope this doesn't become another three year hiatus, because if her condition is bad enough that it won't let her draw even twenty pages every three months, that would mean there are almost no chances of her being able to complete the story ): Hope she gets better
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:25 am Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad I've been waiting all Fall....over this?!?! No matter, I sincerely hope Hoshino is ok Anime cry. If it's one thing that disheartens me more than not getting my seasonal fix of D.Gray-Man, it's Hoshino getting sick again Crying or Very sad (why else would the manga take a break?) .
Drunk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
Nothing else to say than...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
cloud8100

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
I know breaks can't always be helped Crying or Very sad but it upsets me that I can't get as attached to D.Gray-Man as I used to.
Rychy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:54 am Reply with quote
Edit

Last edited by Rychy on Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darklordmyke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
I've patiently waited and will continue to do so... I really hope this story gets completed as it is my favorite manga at the moment and has been since 2009... Get will soon Hoshino senpai!
The American Average

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad god dang it. the last chapter makes me want to know what the heck is happening to Allen. and now I have to wait longer.
TheJaceX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't wanna be impolite
but how hard is it to draw 4 chapters a year?
I get that they're long chapters, but if you can't put out at least something in 3 months, that's pretty concerning.
Something like a small littler 19 page chapter would suffice, and if most mangaka can do that in a week, I believe you should be able to do that in 3 months.

I'd rather have a tiny chapter than no chapter.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
TheJaceX wrote:
I don't wanna be impolite
but how hard is it to draw 4 chapters a year?
I get that they're long chapters, but if you can't put out at least something in 3 months, that's pretty concerning.
Something like a small littler 19 page chapter would suffice, and if most mangaka can do that in a week, I believe you should be able to do that in 3 months.

I'd rather have a tiny chapter than no chapter.

Since apparently you didn't bother reading the other 6 posts in the thread, she does have a health issue that actually makes it harder for her to draw. I'm under the impression that it's related to her wrist, but I could be confusing it with someone else. But the point is that IT IS indeed very hard for her to draw, even just 4 chapters a year.
TheJaceX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:36 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

Since apparently you didn't bother reading the other 6 posts in the thread, she does have a health issue that actually makes it harder for her to draw. I'm under the impression that it's related to her wrist, but I could be confusing it with someone else. But the point is that IT IS indeed very hard for her to draw, even just 4 chapters a year.

I read the previous posts and understood that, the fact I was ignorant to was the fact that the chapters had been shortening already. Which is what I was saying should happen. So while I was being ignorant, I was being ignorant to a different fact. I apologize for being such.
Get well soon Hoshino-sensei.

Edit: If I didn't make it clear, I was under the impression she was going form 50~60 page chapters to 0 initially.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1