• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Why Is Japan's Population Declining?

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:06 pm Reply with quote
From the article link in Mohawk's post above;
Quote:
Japan's nursing industry faces a serious labor shortage. The government estimates the country will fall short of about 380,000 caregivers by 2025.

Something to think about...

And Japan might not necessarily be in a position to pick and choose at its leisure as the skilled workforce in this sector meets a growing demand from other places, like Australia and Canada, which have their own growing shortages to address...
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Germany has the lack of caregivers problematic too but for a different reason. The last thing we lack are immigrants (someone took notice of what we did, eh Japan?) but the mandatory draft got abolished this decade and becoming a caretaker for 9 months was one way to not do time the "hard way", as i once did. Our "native" society is also aging up in the very same way Japan is, so the concept of taxation (our taxes are infamously high too) is now greatly endangered but all of this may soon be "fixed" once the refugees will be allowed to work for real. Don´t ask me though what German culture will look like once i retire.
I for example decided to do a bachelor degree for my job and now live in a shared flat of 7. Only 2 are native Germans. Interesting, eh?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NGK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:15 am Reply with quote
Sharp
Clear
Concise
to-the-point

That is all I can say about this top economist from Japan featured in TV-OSAKA talking about immigration.

See below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C18_G6wIh-Y
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12