• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Love Story!! English Dub Casts Tia Ballard as Rinko Yamato

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Has Tia ever been in a Sentai dub before?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

She was in Little Busters IIRC, but that was it.

I only watched a couple of episodes of this show when it first came out (not that it was bad, I just sort of stopped watching it), but if Tia is in the dub I'll definitely give it another try.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

A few times, yes. The Sentai titles I've heard her in were smaller roles, though. Most of the actors that go between Dallas and Houston started with ADV/Sentai, but both Tia and Jad Saxton did the opposite.
ivanchoFAA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

Tia Ballard played Komari Kamakita in Little Busters and Nureha in Log Horizon
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Yea, but this is her first lead roll in a Sentai dub.

Im honestly happy that Sentai actors and Funimation actors start to work for the other as well. Seem the whole drama with ADV and Funimation starting a lawsuit against Sentai has finally blown over. Even Chris Patton did this year a roll for Funi again. lol
corinthian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Actors gotta eat, after all.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
This is a new surprise. I was already sold on Andrew Love but was worried Rinko would be voiced by someone I wouldn't like. I approve of this choice! Dub's coming together nicely. Smile
bs3311

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
Seem the whole drama with ADV and Funimation starting a lawsuit against Sentai has finally blown over. Even Chris Patton did this year a roll for Funi again. lol

it has nothing to do with that. It's mostly towards Funimations behavior on actors jumping from dallas to houston or if they live in Austin. Jessica Cavello got some disappointing stare's from higher ups when doing this. They'll give actors less work if they jump to Sentai or other studios, even if they come back after the project is done. Plus people like Terri Dotty jumped over not only due to chris and kyle jones offers, but due to majority of the old actors that built Funimation to where they are being typecast more frequently. Or maybe due to pay involving the right to work act in texas undercutting earnings, being a reason for the actress who left in DxD 3rd season while an actor at Sentai said their pay is reasonable for the work they do. Small, but not piss poor.

But I dream for houston and dallas talent to work with both companies, but people like Sonny Strait might not like that due to his humorous fear of working with actors outside funimation/dallas
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget that the many of the voice actors in Sentai and Funimation dubs also do stage work in Texas, along with other projects like audio books. It's not uncommon for them to do some voice work while they are in town working on another project.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen the show yet, but I have seen clips of Tia Ballard's character, and uh... yeah. That's neat she's voicing her, kinda neat... not that I'd care.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:21 am Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
Seem the whole drama with ADV and Funimation starting a lawsuit against Sentai has finally blown over. Even Chris Patton did this year a roll for Funi again. lol

it has nothing to do with that. It's mostly towards Funimations behavior on actors jumping from dallas to houston or if they live in Austin. Jessica Cavello got some disappointing stare's from higher ups when doing this. They'll give actors less work if they jump to Sentai or other studios, even if they come back after the project is done. Plus people like Terri Dotty jumped over not only due to chris and kyle jones offers, but due to majority of the old actors that built Funimation to where they are being typecast more frequently. Or maybe due to pay involving the right to work act in texas undercutting earnings, being a reason for the actress who left in DxD 3rd season while an actor at Sentai said their pay is reasonable for the work they do. Small, but not piss poor.

But I dream for houston and dallas talent to work with both companies, but people like Sonny Strait might not like that due to his humorous fear of working with actors outside funimation/dallas
So... You are saying Jamie Marchi, Todd Haberkorn, Tia Ballard, Cherami Leigh, Jad Saxton, Brina Palenca etc etc etc etc all got less rolls than as before? I think not.
bs3311

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:58 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
So... You are saying Jamie Marchi, Todd Haberkorn, Tia Ballard, Cherami Leigh, Jad Saxton, Brina Palenca etc etc etc etc all got less rolls than as before? I think not.

You have a possible point for Tia and Jad. But Todd gave up on LA plus Cherami an Brina are typecast af. Try again
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

You have a possible point for Tia and Jad. But Todd gave up on LA plus Cherami an Brina are typecast af. Try again

I'm not sure how Todd "gave up" on LA when he still lives there, has a recording studio in his home there, and shows up in anime and video games recorded there.
bs3311

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
bs3311 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

I'm not sure how Todd "gave up" on LA when he still lives there, has a recording studio in his home there, and shows up in anime and video games recorded there.

My apologies, I meant gave up as in try to make it big in LA. Came from his mouth. But when was the last he time got his talent tested besides voicing an old man in xillia? Notta. You two are going overboard.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:
TheMorry wrote:

Seriously bro? Snow White typcasting? Yurikuma Arashi ? Tokyo Ghoul? Besides that.... not really recent but honestly.... Black Butler? Future Diary? Spice and wolf? Chrome Shelled regios? Just to name a few to show the diversity of Brina.

My advice to you is: Stop acting like you know them personal. Sounds really dumb if you ask me that you think you know what their reasons are.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2