• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Scum's Wish (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Keep it up with the completely unnecessary pot shots and more can be "culled". That's 2 threads in as many days with 100% unnecessary insults to others from you. Calling him a repeat offender is gloriously ironic. You report users for infractions end of story. You don't go and start flame wars or attack them like it's the Wild West and you're Billy the Kid. That's rule 1 here (be civil) and despite what you may think it IS more important than a spoiler because it DOES affect others and the atmosphere beyond simply the person you're rudely insulting. Acting like this only ensures that you will wind up moderated and warned along with the other user you're yelling at instead of simply reporting them and letting them hang on their own.

And to make it clear spoilers DO include source material not yet covered by the anime. The mods have made that clear many times over. Anyone who continuously does this and ignores warnings does face being put on moderation. So show some consideration to your fellow posters. Thank you.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Well things are starting to go fairly well on the Hanabi side. She has confessed and been turned down by onii-chan. And had some honest moments with Ebato where they have decided that it is not happening and it is time to finish stop it, Hanabi made some extra effort at the end to tell Ecchan that they really should stay friends, that it will be hard but they should not cut away their relationship entirely. These have kind of come across as healthy developments. And Ebato took an active part in separating these acts, so I fight against Chiibi's assertion that she is some vile character, and that she is aware of the perception just as Hanabi in thinking she was the wrong one. Maybe Hanabi could be her wing girl and help her pick up girls?

Not healthy is that Sensei is still screwing her underage student. Kind of hoping the series will end with her getting fired and or arrested.

Oh, I also realised this episode that Ebato's cap says "Scum's Wish".
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:30 pm Reply with quote
One of the things I like about this show is how Hanabi is rolling with the punches. She's clearly, and understandably, bummed out by Onni-chan's expected rejection, but she's not ridiculously emo about it. Same with Mugi balling on her. I think she handled the Ecchan situation well. It would have been easy to go along with Ecchan's decision to make a clean break, but she clearly values the friendship and is willing to fight for it. I've come around a bit on Ecchan as a character. I still don't approve of her aggressiveness with Hanabi and how she took advantage of Hanabi's desire to be friends to push things. However, I think that was a case of a fundamentally decent person being motivated by desperation as opposed to the case of a scumbag simply taking advantage of things.

And I want to see Akane's come-uppance so bad I can almost taste it.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And Ebato took an active part in separating these acts, so I fight against Chiibi's assertion that she is some vile character, and that she is aware of the perception just as Hanabi in thinking she was the wrong one.

Yes, she FINALLY made the right choice but it took her too freaking long. Six and a half episodes of being emotionally manipulative and rapey can't be undone. =_=

But we don't have to agree on her. The fandom is also split, just like with Akane.

Quote:
Oh, I also realised this episode that Ebato's cap says "Scum's Wish".

She was wearing it in episode 9 too. Anime hyper
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I've caught up with this show, it's so good! It gives me that feel of excitement that I crave for when I watch a serious show. That kind of heart pounding excitement. And I attribute a lot of that success to the soundtrack which is friggin' amazing. It's so simple, but somehow it just works really well. I get so immersed in the show thanks to it. Everyone seems to be a bit wrong in the head, except for Kanai, but that makes it really entertaining. Goddammit, I should have waited for the show to finish before watching because now I have to wait a week to watch another episode and I'm afraid that'll kill the momentum for me.

Episode 10

It seems there's a little hope for Akane. Maybe the devil can be saved? Yeah, it's kind of surprising that she hasn't been stabbed or something yet. I actually wanna see a happy ending for her a bit... but I also want Hanabi to punch her in face. What's the deal with Mugi? He seemed to be aware that his love towards Akane is futile and pointless effort. I thought he would try to distance himself from her, but instead now he is trying to win her over. Is he trying to change Akane? I thought that would be Kanai's job.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Haha! VAT'S DAS?

For 9 episodes, I thought it was Hanabi during the black and white scene in the OP but it was AKANE!!

Whatta twist!!

On the other hand.....I always thought her chest looked a little too big to be Hanabi....and the really high heels don't seem like the type of shoes Hanabi would wear either.

Mugi: God, I'm so lame!
Chiibi: Lol no, you're cute. Laughing
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:33 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
For 9 episodes, I thought it was Hanabi during the black and white scene in the OP but it was AKANE!!

I thought so too. And yeah I also thought that the breasts were too big to be Hanabi's, but I didn't notice the high heels.

I've just kind of noticed that I'm not all that interested in seeing a particular ship in this show. Whatever the show gives me, I'll take it. Mugi x Akane? Fine, that would be nice. Nnice~
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:40 am Reply with quote
MugixAkane is way too messed up. Sink that bloody ship!

I'd really like HanabixMugi instead. If they get closure from their first loves, they can finally move on. And we know they're already very comfortable with each other. Razz I've seen people complain about this just being rebound so they don't want them together. But rebound isn't something that will last forever if they stay together long enough. There's enough history here so I think they could eventually make it work.

And if not, better for the series to end with them being alone.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:01 am Reply with quote
HanabixMugi would be just fine too. And if that doesn't work out then they both have a surefire backup plan. Mugi has Moka (Moca?) and Hanabi has Ecchan. Am I right or am I right? Wink

On a serious note, I guess ideally it would be nice to see Onii-chan show Akane the power of love and shine some light into Akane's black heart.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:31 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
and Hanabi has Ecchan. Am I right or am I right? Wink

I'd sooner ship Hanabi with a plastic sex toy than a pairing that's more toxic than cyanide mixed with iocaine powder. Laughing

Moca deserves a nice boy who will treat her right. Crying or Very sad I hope she can get over Mugi and find him.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:49 am Reply with quote
I still don't think Ecchan was that horrible of a person. She did some questionable stuff, but I still think that underneath she is a nice person.

Chiibi wrote:
Moca deserves a nice boy who will treat her right. Crying or Very sad I hope she can get over Mugi and find him.

I dunno, Moca has turned out to be a bit of she-devil as well. But regardless I do hope that she finds a nice dude for herself.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
About the only male character I like in this show is the dude who had the balls to call Akane a slut. I don't think Akane is a slut because she's promiscuous. She's a slut because of her horrible attitude of digging on female jealousy when she beds a guy that another female wants. And not just the jealousy, but enjoying that the other female will be miserable. Yes, a stabbing would me more than warranted.

Both Onii-chan and Mugi are pathetic turds. Onii-chan because he is willing to abide with her sleeping around, "Oh, Akane, boff as many dudes, including students, as you want, as long as we get to go to the aquarium and watch the penguins together!" Limpdick, please.

Or, "Yes, despite being a hormone-driven teenage boy, I actually intellectually understand everything about Akane's psychological make-up ... but I still love her, hyuk! hyuk! hyuk!"

Why? When she's not being a total c*nt, she's achingly insipid. Other than physical appearances, what does she bring to the table? Squat. Loathe her. Hanabi, sweetie, dump both those spineless losers and have happy munch times with Ecchan. You'll be happier, believe me.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Blood-chan... call me sensei... o-ne-ga-i Embarassed
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Why? When she's not being a total c*nt, she's achingly insipid. Other than physical appearances, what does she bring to the table? Squat.

I don't get Kanai's attraction to her (not one iota)....but Mugi's turn-on is women with tramp personalities. Anime hyper

If Akane was a decent human, he might not be into her at all. o_o

Quote:
I dunno, Moca has turned out to be a bit of she-devil as well.

Why? How does Moca wanting the boy she loves to just love her back make her evil? She never forced herself on him, she's never tried to sabotage his other relationships, she's never tried to harm anyone other than herself. He offered to date her and she took it. It failed and they both gave up.

Quote:
anabi, sweetie, dump both those spineless losers and have happy munch times with Ecchan. You'll be happier, believe me.

.......Blood, the show just went out of its way to show us why Hanabi and Ecchan are miserable together.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Uh-uh, au contraire, mon cher Chiibi ... the last we left our dikey duo, they had agreed to forge ahead as pals without all the lesbotronics. However, once Hanabi gets a full picture of just how sadsacky both Mugi and Onii-chan are, I'm sure she'd want to immediately dive into Ecchan's eager...

...arms.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7