• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga Gets 2 Novels Penned by Makoto Matsubara, Ryohgo Narita

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
Definitely buying and reading that Narita one.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:39 am Reply with quote
My man Narita. Excited for that one. Wish I got the story on how(don't read if you haven't finished the manga) spoiler[Ichigo and Orihime got together]. Would have loved to see it in anime form, but that's impossible. Laughing
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
A live-action movie, a brothel, and two novels but still no anime Laughing Jokes aside, I'm reading Hisagi's story only because the author of Baccano! is writing it.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:28 am Reply with quote
Well, Narita wrote some light novels based on Bleach before (Spirits Are Forever With You), so it's not the first time.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
Huh, that's pretty surprising. Ryogo Narita is very good at juggling many characters at once, a task Tite Kubo is definitely not quite as good at. His novels tend to get adapted into anime or manga; it'll be interesting to see if Bleach will continue on at his hands.

Kon'Doriano wrote:
A live-action movie, a brothel, and two novels but still no anime Laughing Jokes aside, I'm reading Hisagi's story only because the author of Baccano! is writing it.

A brothel? Like, as in a house of ill repute? There's one themed on Bleach?
Dextres

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, BLEACH IS BACK BABY!!!!!!!!!

fudge YEAH!
Chocoreto

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:56 am Reply with quote
It would be nice if Narita stopped wasting his time on this failure and concentrate instead on mending the relationships of his own characters that he has still left hanging. But oh, I guess everyone wants to write some fanfiction for fun once in a while. It's just that he could do better than occupying himself with Mr. Empty Protagonist Device and (possibly) Miss Disgrace to the Female Gender.

Stop trying to make Bleach's resurrection happen. It's not going to happen. It has been dead for years and it still managed to end in the worst way possible. There are tons of better things out there by leaps and bounds. Stop poking at its dead body expecting to elicit a reaction.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:47 am Reply with quote
Well thats enough pessimism from you lot! Narita is the man so i'm up for a novel penned by him!
Don Perron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:50 am Reply with quote
Trash! What we really need is an alternative ending. You still have a chance, Kubo!
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:14 am Reply with quote
Chocoreto wrote:
It would be nice if Narita stopped wasting his time on this failure and concentrate instead on mending the relationships of his own characters that he has still left hanging. But oh, I guess everyone wants to write some fanfiction for fun once in a while. It's just that he could do better than occupying himself with Mr. Empty Protagonist Device and (possibly) Miss Disgrace to the Female Gender.

Stop trying to make Bleach's resurrection happen. It's not going to happen. It has been dead for years and it still managed to end in the worst way possible. There are tons of better things out there by leaps and bounds. Stop poking at its dead body expecting to elicit a reaction.
And nobody give a shit when Naruto get multiple novel version after the series ended. Or maybe Nisekoi novel will out in future to retcon the ending route, people will give less care either. I dont like Bleach too but there is simple rule, you dont like then dont try to read it. Commenting shit about bad series wont magically reverse back in time to make the manga get better ending.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:29 am Reply with quote
This sounds interesting. I just hope it gets translated into English and brought over here. Also,it's a shame that Hollywood isn't going to do it's version of "Bleach." I'd have liked to have seen it done.

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:10 am Reply with quote
Unless the anime comes back and Pierrot decides to adapt them like their going to do the naruto ones then i could give 2 f#cks.
LightningViper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:15 am Reply with quote
Would have loved the two stories are part of manga, but novels are just as good when main story lacked in content. And hurray for Hisagi getting some long awaited spotlight, hopefully without bullying this time.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Chocoreto wrote:

And nobody give a shit when Naruto get multiple novel version after the series ended. Or maybe Nisekoi novel will out in future to retcon the ending route, people will give less care either. I dont like Bleach too but there is simple rule, you dont like then dont try to read it. Commenting shit about bad series wont magically reverse back in time to make the manga get better ending.
Exactly there is really no need to bitch about a series you hate getting a novel, of course haters will come on this forum regardless but as a fan of the series I'm happy to see there is some sort of life still into Bleach, plus that jump police thing also shows that this series still sells
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
This sounds interesting. I just hope it gets translated into English and brought over here. Also,it's a shame that Hollywood isn't going to do it's version of "Bleach." I'd have liked to have seen it done.
I disagree with that, if Hollywood couldn't get DragonBall correct I just can't see them fairing Bleach any better
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2