• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Answerman - Is Japanese Language From Anime Different Than Normal Japanese?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark_bozu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I think it all depends on show. If you're watching moe slice-of-life, I'm sure that most of words and phrases would be unnatural to adults. But what's about shows like Fune no Amu, Hataraki man or Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei? I think it would be right to say that this is a way normal Japaneses speak.
Ryo Hazuki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
Besides anime and manga there are several other sources, where you shouldn't learn Japanese from: http://www.alljapaneseallthetime.com/blog/where-not-to-learn-japanese-from/
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:37 am Reply with quote
While I wouldn't use anime exclusively to study Japanese, I have to admit that it's where I got my start. Anime and drama CDs are great for listening practice since words are usually well-enunciated and properly pronounced. Manga is great for learning kanji.

I think you can apply this to learning any language, but multimedia is best used as a supplement to actual classes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5