• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Code Geass 10th Anniversary Event Teases "Demon's Rebirth" — & Maybe More …

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Please, let the demon remain dead. But I will be interested in a new series in the Code Geass universe.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Eh... Probably nothing terribly special. And definitely no R3. Probably just get to meet Jun Fukuyama or something.
mrboylan100

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
so does this mean we might get a new code Geass anime?
jroa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Please, let the demon remain dead. But I will be interested in a new series in the Code Geass universe.

I have mixed feelings. I don't like the concept of "reviving" said demon in the strictly literal sense, but there is nothing objectively suggesting it would lead to a worse production. Lots of other factors and external conditions would determine the quality of the story.

I am speaking as someone who enjoyed Akito the Exiled being a radically different production, but it's not hard to imagine that Sunrise might take less risks these days.

Besides, it's entirely possible that this might refer to a retelling or remake rather than a sequel.

Gemnist wrote:
Eh... Probably nothing terribly special. And definitely no R3. Probably just get to meet Jun Fukuyama or something.

That wouldn't require any hinting, because he's already going to be at the event along with a few other members of the original staff and voice cast.

mrboylan100 wrote:

I would say that's very likely. However, the big question is what would they do with it.

There are plenty of options available so we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Drunk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:43 pm Reply with quote
mrboylan100 wrote:

We might, but don't get your hopes up...lately we got things like spinoff novels or live action movies out of countdowns and "super important news".
mrboylan100

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
mrboylan100 wrote:

We might, but don't get your hopes up...lately we got things like spinoff novels or live action movies out of countdowns and "super important news".

true i wont get my hopes up Sad
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

I personally don't like the ending of R2; it's great in concept, but much of what previously came before it does not lead up to such a conclusion, in addition to being of far inferior quality to R1 with its deus ex machinas instead of strategy, constant plot twists, and "bullshit" (as others have put it) explanation to its mythology. However, I also feel the demon should stay dead; it would ruin the emotional impact, and The Miraculous Birthday already debunked the Cart Driver theory.

I personally would like an OZ The Reflection adaptation using a widely Californian cast from Funimation. The story is actually rather engaging and bridges the gap between Akito and R2 before paralleling R2.
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd support this. Whatever this is, well unless it's a U.S. adaptation, would not support that but I'm willing to support a remake of the original anime, written the way it was intended to be before Sunrise tried to make it fail and shortened the episodes. Or I'd support a potential season 3 if it's done right
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Forget this...i have been disappointed with these so called ''special announcements'' only to be struck down. it is all a marketing ploy...come back when it is a real announcement than will talk.
curtisd88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Don't bring "the demon" back. He has played his role in the series. If this leads to a new series give someone else a chance. They shouldn't revive someone just for the sake of reviving.
jroa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
[I personally don't like the ending of R2; it's great in concept, but much of what previously came before it does not lead up to such a conclusion, in addition to being of far inferior quality to R1 with its deus ex machinas instead of strategy, constant plot twists, and "bullshit" (as others have put it) explanation to its mythology. However, I also feel the demon should stay dead; it would ruin the emotional impact, and The Miraculous Birthday already debunked the Cart Driver theory.

I would tend to politely disagree. I think the ending of R2 is fully supported by much of what came before and, in fact, is even a reasonable extrapolation of the end of the first season. Whole essays could be written about that, but I don't have the time nor the willpower at the moment.

There's a lot of things that could be debated, such as regarding what is or isn't a "DEM" since the word seems to be heavily misused in criticism, but I can agree the second season was inferior to the first. There are a number of storytelling flaws that even I would accept, along with others that are more subjective. However, I believe the ending does a heck of a good job tying up every actually important element of the story, above and beyond the noise. With that in mind, several confusing events in the second series serve the purpose of opening the way to the final outcome.

The Miraculous Birthday has its own contradictions, starting with the fact it's got fourth wall-breaking contents and even having someone like C.C. randomly appear/disappear. It doesn't really help clear up the situation, either way.

Quote:
I personally would like an OZ The Reflection adaptation using a widely Californian cast from Funimation. The story is actually rather engaging and bridges the gap between Akito and R2 before paralleling R2.

I wouldn't be opposed to this myself. We'll have to see about that.
NicoleNippah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
One part of me would be very happy if its a 3 season, but also I consider that the ending of the anime was perfect. It could also be a live action, recently I see a lot of live action announcements
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:25 pm Reply with quote
JIBUN WO
Sekai ii sae mo
kaete shimae sou na
shunkan wa itsumo sugu soba ni
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quote
If demon means Lelouch, and its a third season, then yes I am all for it, because S1 is one of my favorites, while S2 is the reason never watched the show again. If its some kind of spinoff then I am not interested.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:07 pm Reply with quote
If this leads to the "true" version of R2 being produced, I'll certainly welcome another trip back into Lelouchland (—speaking as someone who did find R2 quite enjoyable in the end, despite some of its deficiencies).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3