• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Masamune-kun's Revenge (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 am Reply with quote
Best girl finally arrives~!

Regarding the speed of things, the anime has only covered the first 7 chapters so it's not like it's rushing through the source material or anything.

Narratively it works just fine. Aki is used to simply crushing guys and being done with them, but with Masamune he puts up with all her shit and keeps approaching her, showing her how sincere his feelings are.

The irony of course being that his motives are hardly noble. Or at least that's what he keeps telling himself.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Weird, you would think a girl named "Neko" would get mercilessly teased for that. Rolling Eyes

Funny moments here; I think the Darth Vader Aki was the best part. Anime hyper I do like that there seems to be more to Neko than meets the eye. She probably secretly hates Aki; she definitely knows her somehow.

You can feel Makabe's frustration really well here. Although everything from the pool scene was predictable, I still enjoyed it. Having a couple share an argument in the pool with only the sound of the water was strangely.....alluring....or something idk. (I can appreciate a hot, wet, angry high school boy. Very Happy) It was funny when Aki tried to get *super inconspicuous* "revenge" on him and when she snapped "YOU CAN BOTH GO COMMANDO TOGETHER!!" Anime hyper
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I got a bit frustrated at the beginning when instead of doing the obvious - i.e. asking Neko (snicker) who the eff she was, Masamune was standing around spacing out and having lengthy, unfunny internal monologues. Japan must be the only country in the world where a complete stranger (to you) can come up and act bizarrely familiar and the other person doesn't immediately go, "Um, don't mean to be rude here, but ... WHO THE EFF ARE YOU???" Rolling Eyes

Clearly the show is going to clumsily tease out what Neko's deal is, but hopefully not for too long.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:49 am Reply with quote
Proper response was asking who the hell she was. I did think it was funny when she told the obvious lie backstory and he was left wondering who the hell the he in the backstory was.

So far it kind of feels like Neko is trying to get engaged or something with him for family reasons. She was using a sauce packet to look sickly to gain pity. What else does she have up her sleeve (or missing elsewhere)?

I actually thought Masamune was an exchange student, so my mind went to:
"Teacher, don't you think our class has too many transfer students?"
"Ah, that's only because it's the main character's class."
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:47 am Reply with quote
Heh, this Neko girl is amusing. The way she talks to Masamune and trying to get close to him...the whole time. She almost reminds me of spoiler[Marika from Nisekoi.]

She also went commando so I expect that to be a sort of running joke gag in this series. Aki's challenge to Masamune should be amusing to see how he responds soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
She almost reminds me of spoiler[Marika from Nisekoi.]

And that's just one of the things that makes her best girl.
DeTroyes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:13 am Reply with quote
I noticed that the girls in Makabe's class are all aware that he's trying to woo Aki. They seem to also think he's better off with Neko, so I wonder if that is going to come in to play at some point.

Neko definitely has something going on, but right now I'm not certain what. She called it a "game" to her chauffeur, in a context that hints as having something to do with her family, so I'm betting some kind of long-standing family grievance is involved. Since both Aki and Makabe are representatives of their respective families (and since both families appear to be wealthy and probably important), its hard to say right now which one is the target. Tho Neko does seem to know more about Makabe then he does of her.

Yoshino has displayed some knowledge of combat skills this series. I wouldn't be surprised if her family were also the Adagaki family body guards, which means their roles as "maids and servants" is mostly cover. Betcha there's some ninja background in that family.

Kojuro got teased with dressing more girly by the boys in his class. I suppose its only a matter of time now before he winds up in a dress, ala Hideyoshi (Baka and Test) and Nagisa (Assassination Classroom).

Overall, good episode.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:43 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

So far it kind of feels like Neko is trying to get engaged or something with him for family reasons. She was using a sauce packet to look sickly to gain pity. What else does she have up her sleeve (or missing elsewhere)?

Oh that reminds me. I had a good laugh at her ( ̊ ٮ ̊ ) face when he found the packet. Anime hyper
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:28 pm Reply with quote
EPISODE 6

Neko sure is making quite an entrance. Blatant advances towards Makabe, quickly seeing through Yoshinos innocent act, stealing Makabes photo, and hinting that she's more similar to him than others realize. Not to mention that Makabes mom seems to have met Neko in the past, and from her tone of voice and expression, it was likely a pleasant experience. Can't tell if Neko remembers her, though.

I don't quite know what to make of her little talk with Yoshino in the beginning. Does she know about Yoshino and Makabes frequent meetings, and maybe even their plan?

Also, I really liked the firework scene. Not only because Makabe didn't blush and gush like anime protags usually do when they see girls in kimonos, but because of what he chose to focus on - a possible friendship with Neko ruined because he can't bring himself to trust her. Nice touch.

Oh, and dang it Aki, why you trying to blow up Yoshino!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:13 pm Reply with quote
"DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'RE THE VICTIM HERE, YOU STUPID HAM!"

Laughing

I died. I love Makabe's seiyuu; he's just so freaking funny and great at sounding outraged or shocked. Anime hyper

Yoshino was funny too, like when he yanked her away and upstairs.

I like how Aki punches Makabe only in the "because I was scared" scenario instead of "because you pissed me off" one, like a lot of tsundere girls do. That's refreshing. Makes her feel like less of a violent person; she's defending herself like an automatic reaction.

And EVERYBODY seems to know Neko.....WHAT IS UR DEAL. lol

Be sure to watch after the credits. I almost turned it off too early.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:41 am Reply with quote
I think Yoshino has needed a friend, Aki tied her to fireworks. So I liked that she hanged out. Kind of a look at Neko, she is obsessed with medicine, maybe making the two an okay fit in some ways. But also wonder along the lines that his thoughts with Neko is probably the same as what Aki is having, she may have "someone else" on her mind.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Pretty obvious there's some mind games going on between Masamune, Aki, and even Neko now.

Yoshino's intuition is pretty evident this episode as she warns Masamune about Neko. Doesn't seem like she's wrong with that ending. The episode had a fun mood to it I guess with Masamune's mom inviting Neko and Yoshino over.

Seriously though, I can't help but laugh when Masamune pictured Aki's head as a...ham.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I have one thing to say about Episode 07:

YOSHINO AS JASON. Laughing

That was so great.

Also loved Aki's assertiveness towards Neko. Way to tell her off, girl. My Kocchan FINALLY got some screentime again, bless. Anime hyper
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote
Madam Sexy Secretary, *I* wouldn't trifle with that delicate heart encased in your magnificent breast.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to know if they were paying homage to Nisekoi with faking it, complete with "Darling" and "Honey". Anime hyper

Instant ChixRaku flashbacks. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10