• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Masamune-kun's Revenge (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:22 am Reply with quote
Been wondering if the OP thing would be explained. The big guy in the OP is not like his inner self, but some guy pretending to be him to play on Aki's affection. Why would someone do that? Neko also seemed to have more of a relationship, there was some recognition between her and the mother after all. Maybe she thought it was better that she try and clear the air in that way before she is apparently going into some sort of risky surgery.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:23 am Reply with quote
Yeah, right now I am confused about Fatty. Mind you, he was literally introduced at the last second of the episode, but this show has a really annoying habit of not revealing important things. How long has Neko been around and we STILL don't know her full deal or how she fit in with Masamune in the past. That's my main reason for looking forward to the end of the show, is the hope that all this stuff we were wondering about will finally be revealed (i.e. what happened between Masamune and Aki in the past, what's Neko's deal, who is this Fatty, etc, etc)

Oh wow, just had an insight. Clearly, Aki was attracted to the chubby Masamune in the past ... that must be the basis of her desire to eat so much. I think she wants to be chubby herself, but her superhuman metabolism doesn't allow it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:30 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
The anime was vague about it, I thought......or maybe I didn't pay close enough attention. Anime hyper idk

You've admitted you're not a fan of Neko so I'm not surprised you didn't pick up more of the subtle things. I'm not saying this because I'm familiar with the manga, it's all there in the anime. The way she's looking at him in the photo and the way she's crying about it after makes it pretty obvious how serious she was about him.

Blood- wrote:
That's my main reason for looking forward to the end of the show, is the hope that all this stuff we were wondering about will finally be revealed (i.e. what happened between Masamune and Aki in the past, what's Neko's deal, who is this Fatty, etc, etc)

Hm, at this point I would be cautiously hopeful if I was you. Answers to your questions do exist, but with the number of episodes left I don't think they'll get to them unless they go anime original.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:36 am Reply with quote
I was afraid of that.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised they left out the extra chaper that established spoiler[Kojuurou's crush on Neko] but it's still a shame since that subplot is adorable.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

Everything that guy does is nice, but he is clearly pretending to be someone else, and really the things he does seems to push more to him being dangerously good manipulator. Extra notes on the terribleness of her fan club girls, and her going off against the snow white pair of Masamune and Kojuurou.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:11 am Reply with quote
Not going to lie, that Gasou guy kinda annoys me. He has that poker face every time he is with Aki. Speaking of which, I don't like her fans much either (those three girls that worships her). Compared to the other episodes, I think this one was one of the weaker ones. It's setting up for the final episodes.

On a fun note, Neko is back already Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:55 am Reply with quote
Y'all are crazy - "Yuri Garden" is awesome and their presence made me wish they'd been more active in previous episodes. I'd say the way they put quotation marks around "him" is a pretty be clue with respect to Fatty.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
That stylistic choice is certainly misleading. It does suggest one thing, but I think she was simply playing the pronoun game. Like how a flunky gets beaten and they're all "Haha, surely "that person" will avenge me!"
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
Ah. I was also riffing off spoiler[manga spoilers that were mentioned in the episode review thread] that perhaps I misunderstood.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
The tiny vice president is so adorable; I love her hairstyle. Anime hyper

"Gasou".....yeah, that sounds like a fat kid's name. rofl Anime hyper

"MY WALL SLAM FAILED!"

"How dare he try the 'wall slam' on Aki-sama!"

I love shows that lampshade cliches like this; that will always send me loling. Aki telling Makabe that his pants were unzipped was also really funny as was Makabe spinning Yoshino at the park.

(b.t.w. *very vulnerable to the wall slam*)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Thoth would have succeeded with the wall slam.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Man, I hate when the wall slam doesn't work.

Not that that has ever happened to me, of course.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Pretty sure this week's episode is just a way to build up the finale.

Yoshino plays a big role here as she traps Gasou when the Kikune is doing the same thing to Masamune so that he doesn't make it to the play. Not going to lie though, Aki looked good in her outfit for the occasion.

Ugh, the latest episode also made me dislike Gasou more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Yoshino, you awesome, devious girl! Saves the day!

So this really only has one episode left?? Oh, god, that could only mean one thing...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10