• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Pretty entertaining episode.

I love the character chemistry between all the main characters so far. I'm not surprised that Kobayashi is happy that Tooru and Kanna came to live with her. The neighbor segment felt a bit awkward though, not sure I liked that part.

Fafnir and Lucoa's introduction into the show is also quite amusing. I like how they included some video game references like Dark Souls and Mario Kart into the episode too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Yep, throwing more dragons into the mix was great. Moving to a larger place (especially one where the roof is communal property) made a ton of sense. I was hoping they were going to show us how cooking could result in such loud noise, but no dice.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I actually liked the part with the neighbors and how they were actually pretty agreeable regarding the situation.

One thing that I'm really curious about is Kanna's age. While we know she's young in regards to dragons, how old is she when measured in human terms?
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 pm Reply with quote
She's young enough for KyoAni to go and totally censor and cut out her fanservice this episode, that's for sure.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:39 am Reply with quote
I like me some Dark Souls references, it made me do a double take. When I saw Fafnir playing and a chest my exact reaction was "mimic", it is the sort of gag that never gets old to me after falling victim to so much it is one of the things I am kind of really cautious of. I actually have had a party where we watched someone playing Dark Souls, a speedrun that I personally found was kind of a fun activity. Side note that the game lore has quite a bit about dragons.

His human form was apparently really chosen by Tohru to make him somewhat appealing to Kobayashi, extra points that apparently her preferences is older butlers and has the otaku breakdown later.

The episode really felt stuffed.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Well this was fun. The girls go shopping! I love how Kanna got curious about what they saw at the store even though it's just ordinary every day stationary items.

Pretty cute episode. Kanna trying to learn the human language and words just makes it adorable. As a character of her age, I think it develops her character more in this series. Looks like she transferred to school to learn even more.

The dodgeball game was priceless. Nice to see that she made new friends.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quote
The jokes in general are getting better and better, expect for anything with Kanna.
She single handedly ruins an otherwise nice comedy series whenever she gets much screentime, her character in the anime serves no purpose.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Very cute eppie. I knew Kobayashi would buy the little figure for Kanna ... awwwwwwww.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:14 am Reply with quote
I feel that Kanna has indeed earned her place on the show, and I think cemented the show in general as good. Extra points that Kanna seemed to specifically befriend the kid that seems to have a hard time making friends.

The stationary shopping was also quite nice. I was finding Kanna as a character cute from her insisting on wanting something cute.

I kind of want to see what they meant by a unicorn. Don't know if it is just the one horned dragon from the OP and ED, who is making me kind of look forward to appearing that she would seem to add in a different dynamic.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

I admit that I laughed at Tohru tripping the angry boss, but seeing his embarrassed look kind of took away from it, maybe that it was not entirely the way to handle it. And it looks like Kobayashi had a proper way to handle it.

Fafnir was really funny, for some odd reason he has become a kind of favourite character, even if he seems perpetually grumpy. So perfectly where he ended up that I almost think he manipulated the entire situation to end up there.

I think revealing that Kobayashi had that book and knew the trick with spoons, that I think we gain a bit about her past behaviour.
dvls_advocate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Kobayashi's angry boss should be unknowingly glad that all Tohru did was trip him. I thought sure based on her facial expressions she was going to incinerate him like she did with the birds Smile

There are several characters in this show I like, but my favorite is turning out to be Kanna. Even when she's not the focal point of the scene she seems to be doing something cute, like trying to eat breakfast with chopsticks and dropping whatever it was she was eating. I also like her relationship with Saikawa. I wonder if she feels some sort of empathy for her?

I'm waiting for sea serpent girl to show up. Based on the OP and ED she seems like she is going to be a fun character.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Haha, Tohru's fantasy delusions revolving around Kobayashi just never ends.

I kinda like how this episode goes into more depth about Kobayashi's life at work. Her chief/boss is annoying tbh. I think his personality pissed off Torhu quite a bit. I mean who can blame her? I can't help but laugh when Tohru trolls him.

Riko's fangirling for Kanna is pretty amusing still. Kids these days..

Kanna's curiosity about the human world never ceases to amuse me. This week, psychic spoon bending!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

The Fafnir part kind of hit me in the feels.

It really does look Riko truly has a crush on Kanna, beyond just the liking her be cute. Not really tend to be a fan of somewhat forcing the sort of yuri things onto a child character, what with there already being the same sex thing with the main pair. But not done to distastefully might make it better, there is nothing wrong if she is a kid that happens to like other girls, Kanna herself seems compliant, which is kind of a reservation I have so far in what mental age she happens to be. I kind of figured that the maid may be Riko's sister, I noted the similarities with their hair and eyes when they stood next to each other, and it did not make full sense for a house that size to have a real maid who would happen to like dressing up retro.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:14 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Kanna herself seems compliant

She's a bit more than that, and she is the one leading Riko on. Kanna literally wanted to spoiler[fudge] Riko right then and there, if not for the sudden interruption.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:49 am Reply with quote
I had no problem with Kanna and Riko whatsoever. I did have a problem with poor Shouta being flashed/terrorized daily by Whatserboobs. She really adds nothing to this other than fan service.

But I totally enjoyed the peek into the daily lives of otaku boys. I wonder what hair conditioner does to scales?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5