• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AnimeNow

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:27 am Reply with quote
Did I miss an announcement? What's with all the AnimeNow articles being linked recently?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
This is what AnimeNow said:
Quote:
You might have seen one of our stories shared on @AnimeNewsNet. From today on, we'll be working as partners to cross promote our content.

- https://twitter.com/animenowdotcom/status/786932311963021312
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:04 pm Reply with quote
If I may ask, will it be possible to create Talkback threads concerning AnimeNow content, as is the case for ANN's own articles?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:23 am Reply with quote
I had no idea about the announcement. I just saw AnimeNow's articles show up on this site one day for no reason. This just came out of the blue,not just for me,but I think a lot of people. As for Zin5ki's question about creating Talkback threads based on AnimeNow content,I have seen them have an area for comments,but yeah,I have a similar question. Will we be allowed to do stuff based on AnimeNow content?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
@Zin5ki

I just checked and clicking on an AnimeNow link takes you to their website. I doubt that it is feasible to link back that to the Talkback Forum. At any rate it isn't currently so linked. However, as several posters have shown in the past, it is possible to establish unlinked new threads in Talkback. It would all depend on whether the Mods and Mgmt. let them stand. Since this is a substantive article appearing on the front page, I don't see why that should be a problem.

Mods??
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:

Mods??

That would be more of an admin question.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:57 am Reply with quote
So, AnimeNow articles have their own comments section; that's where discussion of their editorial should happen. Our links are aggregated.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:39 am Reply with quote
The idea of creating an ANN specific talkback for aggregated articles is interesting. Especially if we start aggregating articles from other sites (a possibility, although those wouldn't be on the front page).

Aside from this, the official announcement about Anime Now will finally be made on the front page sometime in the next 24 hours. There were political reasons for the delay.

-t
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote
@Tempest

The ability to discuss aggregated articles would be nice to have, if possible. I'm reading them because I'm here in ANN and if I had something to say here is where I would want to say it. I appreciate that you are able to get additional content that way, but I'm not really interested in interacting with other sites.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1