• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Gintama Anime Premieres on January 8, Switches to Late Night Timeslot

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toitles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
Nothing indicates this will be the final anime season. The manga is just almost over, but there's no evidence in this article for the anime.
I mean, it's pretty safe to assume that this will be the final season. Unless for whatever reason Sunrise decides to only animate the Rakuyou arc for now and waits until 2018 for the final season, which wouldn't make much sense. (That or they adapt the manga content they skipped over, but that doesn't really seem plausible after having already adapting the SA and FS arcs)
Yorozuyasan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:29 am Reply with quote
First of all it's not Sunrise anymore because they sold Gintama rights to Bandai Namco Pictures. Gintama 2015 was a Bandai Namco Pictures production and not Sunrise. and on top of that even the director Fujita Yoichi disowned Gintama and hand it over to this no name director Chizuru Miyawaki who practically butchered Gintama 2015. Did you not see the low anime quality of the Shogun Assassination Arc and Farewell Shinsengumi Arc? Banda Namco trashed Gintama and skipped many comedy chapters and jumped to the serious phase of Gintama, and they didn't even give their all in the production process, it's pretty obvious that they're working in a hurry. They're working on the BEST MANGA ever but they're not giving the attention and care this masterpiece deserves. And the manga is still going on, yes, it's the final arc but it's not over yet, the fact that they're airing Gintama this soon means one of two options. Either they're gonna butcher Gintama again and try to fit everything in a record time just to make this the final season. Or they're planning to only show the Rakuyou ac and then take a short break then come back with the final come back. I'm hoping for the latter because I want them to take their time with Gintama. Because it's GINTAMA!!! The GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME!!! For someone like me who's been with this anime for 10 years even one more day becomes a blessing.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
^Well damn son, that's a pretty harsh review. I agree that the previous seasons of Gintama were better in quality and the soundtrack and overall production seems to have dropped a bit, but the 2015 anime was still decent, it really could have been much worse. spoiler[Okita vs. Kamui, Gintoki vs. Takasugi and Isaburo's death scene for instance were handled really well.]
toitles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:54 am Reply with quote
Yorozuyasan wrote:
First of all it's not Sunrise anymore because they sold Gintama rights to Bandai Namco Pictures. Gintama 2015 was a Bandai Namco Pictures production and not Sunrise. and on top of that even the director Fujita Yoichi disowned Gintama and hand it over to this no name director Chizuru Miyawaki who practically butchered Gintama 2015. Did you not see the low anime quality of the Shogun Assassination Arc and Farewell Shinsengumi Arc? Banda Namco trashed Gintama and skipped many comedy chapters and jumped to the serious phase of Gintama, and they didn't even give their all in the production process, it's pretty obvious that they're working in a hurry. They're working on the BEST MANGA ever but they're not giving the attention and care this masterpiece deserves. And the manga is still going on, yes, it's the final arc but it's not over yet, the fact that they're airing Gintama this soon means one of two options. Either they're gonna butcher Gintama again and try to fit everything in a record time just to make this the final season. Or they're planning to only show the Rakuyou ac and then take a short break then come back with the final come back. I'm hoping for the latter because I want them to take their time with Gintama. Because it's GINTAMA!!! The GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME!!! For someone like me who's been with this anime for 10 years even one more day becomes a blessing.
They didn't sell the rights, BNP is a spinoff of Sunrise. I'm not sure of the specifics but they were involved in some manner with the 2015 season. (Although apparently they won't be involved with this new season)

Honestly I thought they did a great job with Shogun Assassination and Farewell Shinsengumi. Were there rough areas in the art and animation? For sure, but overall it still looked pretty darn good compared to other series that are similar in length. They adapted the arcs to perfection though, right down to every bit of dialog. Your standards seem insanely high if you think they "butchered" it. You are correct about them rushing it though, skipping right to those arcs and forgetting the ones that came before is a crime.
Yorozuyasan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:15 am Reply with quote
My standards were made high by the greatness of Gintama especially in the years 2011 and 2012. Gintama was at its best in those years, 4 devas arc and Courtesan of a nation arc are great examples. so it's only naturally I would be mad. Is Gintama 2015 not a masterpiece? is it not epic? of course, but that doesn't change the fact that they didn't put their whole in the production process. it's pretty obvious that they're working on Gintama in a hurry and it's killing me.

But I admit that I was pretty harsh with my words, I exaggerated a bit with my reaction because I was in pain. I woke up to this news and it's killing me to say goodbye. this is why I took it too far. but I still stand up to my statement. Gintama dropped in quality in 2015. Hopefully it won't be the case this time
toitles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:39 am Reply with quote
Can't really argue with that, Gintama 2011 was pretty much anime perfection. The colors were so bright and lively that the 2015 season looks washed out by comparison.

I'm with you though, seeing Gintama come to an end in both the manga and anime hurts like crazy. It's my favorite series as well and it upsets me that everything about this new season is sounding rushed. (Seriously WTF is with that timeslot? Do they want to get super low ratings?)

Here's hoping they just focus on the Rakuyou for this season and WAIT until Gorilla sensei finishes the manga before doing the final arc. (Side-note: I really hope they're not pressuring him to end things sooner than he wants to fit their deadline) The only thing worse than lower art/animation quality would be forcing a non-canon ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2