• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Dragon Ball Super English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Oh so basically she's the female version of Steve Blum.

Steve Blum has range beyond the Spike voice, that's just his bread and butter. He was great in Spectacular Spider-Man

All his characters sound the same the only difference is their pitch and whether or not he's speaking with or without an accent.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Now that I think about it, this is the first time the Dr. Slump characters will get an official dub, right? I heard FUNi did one for the original series, but chose not to bring it over.
LuckyAstei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Now that I think about it, this is the first time the Dr. Slump characters will get an official dub, right? I heard FUNi did one for the original series, but chose not to bring it over.

Second time actually their cameo in Dragon Ball (when Goku and Commander Blue where fighting) was dubbed when FUNi got the dub rights the first series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
^Sixth time for Arale actually, in addition to the Blue arc of Dragon Ball, she was also in the Mystical Adventure movie and 3 video games (one of them being DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3) and FUNi had someone else voice her for the latter so it'll be interesting to see who they bring in for both Super episodes because both Meredith McCoy & Brina Palencia are still around.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:15 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
v1cious wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Oh so basically she's the female version of Steve Blum.

Steve Blum has range beyond the Spike voice, that's just his bread and butter. He was great in Spectacular Spider-Man

All his characters sound the same the only difference is their pitch and whether or not he's speaking with or without an accent.

LOL if you think Leeroy sounds anything like the Laughing Man and LOL if you think the Laughing Man sounds anything like Spike, another Koichi Yamadera character.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:55 am Reply with quote
NearEasternerJ1 wrote:

LOL if you think Leeroy sounds anything like the Laughing Man and LOL if you think the Laughing Man sounds anything like Spike, another Koichi Yamadera character.

......This doesn't really disprove my point about Blum's shallow range. His characters may sound different but not to the point of sounding drastically different from one another.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
It looks like a case of both old and new voices are coming back for "Dragon Ball Super." I'm not sure if I'll be watching the show. I've never really gotten into it,so it doesn't really matter to me anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4