• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Evangelion Studio Khara Sues Gainax for 100 Million Yen in Royalties

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Might this blow bear an adverse effect on the upcoming Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt project, whatsoever it proves to be?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I sent the URL of the article in English to [email protected] http://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20161202/p2a/00m/0et/011000c

Might be of interest to ANN readers.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
I sent the URL of the article in English to [email protected] http://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20161202/p2a/00m/0et/011000c

Might be of interest to ANN readers.

Minor sort-of off-topic nitpick with that article.

"hasn't had a major hit since Evangelion in the 90s"

Well.... if it has to reach that level to be a hit, there have been literally like 3 shows in the entire medium to EVER get close, but Gainax has had plenty of major "hits", by anime standards, throughout the 2000s decade.
mbanu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote
Nyron wrote:
I seriously want an anime about Gainax itself
The drama between the founders and directors is fascinating

That anime exists -- it's called Otaku no Video. Smile The protagonist seems kinda like an Anno self-insert. There's also an in-spirit spin-off called "Insufficient Direction" about Anno from a less flattering perspective (that of his wife).
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Might this blow bear an adverse effect on the upcoming Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt project, whatsoever it proves to be?

I'm almost wondering if the potential announcement might be because Gainax is wanting to use something with name recognition to drum up some quicker revenue. Panty and Stocking deliberately ended in a way to make fun of anime non-endings, so possibly going back on that after several years might make more sense if they are hurting for money.
AyanamiRei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
It must be good to forget how bad the things oftern were (financially) before he left.

Was GAINAX ever wealthy? (maybe the post-EVA years because of the merchandising?)
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
mbanu wrote:
Nyron wrote:
I seriously want an anime about Gainax itself
The drama between the founders and directors is fascinating

That anime exists -- it's called Otaku no Video. Smile The protagonist seems kinda like an Anno self-insert. There's also an in-spirit spin-off called "Insufficient Direction" about Anno from a less flattering perspective (that of his wife).

it's weird tto use the word "self insert" when this project is something they made behind anno's back as some sort of homage.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! Whether in dollars or yen,that's a lot of money. Let's just hope they work this all out before things really get bad.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3