• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding Trailer Reveals Mads Mikkelsen as Cast Member

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorZero

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
So, Kojima's direction finally evolved into poor imitation of Denis Villeneuve and David Cronenberg? Cool.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:04 am Reply with quote
MajorZero wrote:
So, Kojima's direction finally evolved into poor imitation of Denis Villeneuve and David Cronenberg? Cool.

The greatest from of flattery is imitation.

I'm I understanding you correctly when I assume you to mean that Kojima is making use of elements of Genre tropes, that he than must be coping other that made productions in the same genre? On top of which, I'm a correct in deducing that you have some sort of super human ability to tell the full merit of a production based on a 5 min video made to entice people about said production that is solely made to gather attention and is in no way a representation of the actual end product and it's merit?
MajorZero

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:52 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
The greatest from of flattery is imitation.

I'm I understanding you correctly when I assume you to mean that Kojima is making use of elements of Genre tropes, that he than must be coping other that made productions in the same genre? On top of which, I'm a correct in deducing that you have some sort of super human ability to tell the full merit of a production based on a 5 min video made to entice people about said production that is solely made to gather attention and is in no way a representation of the actual end product and it's merit?

Slow down, I was talking about trailer and how Kojima imitates visual style of well-known directors. I don't have a habit of judging games before release.
ew121

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:07 am Reply with quote
How is this anime/manga again? Other than the fact that Kojima's games are full of anime cliches of course.
NoWayNoWay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:16 am Reply with quote
My heart skipped a beat when I read the words "Hideo Kojima's Death..."

Now I feel like an idiot Rolling Eyes
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
#825565 wrote:
How is this anime/manga again? Other than the fact that Kojima's games are full of anime cliches of course.

with teh curernt alance of power in gaming, pretty much any japanese game is anime/manga now; if anythign I am surprised "doramas" have not gained even more tract here.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, I haven't been a "hardcore gamer" in years but now that we're finally starting to see a bit of plot emerge, this game is shaping up to be something special. Very Happy
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm still waiting to see how the game actually plays. Although all these Hollywood actors aren't really interesting me and has me worried Kojima is focuing more on his Hollywood love than making an actual game. Real actors just break immersion and cheapen the world/characters.

-Stuart Smith
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
I'm still waiting to see how the game actually plays. Although all these Hollywood actors aren't really interesting me and has me worried Kojima is focuing more on his Hollywood love than making an actual game. Real actors just break immersion and cheapen the world/characters.

Not really considering the last few Call Of Duty games had them and no one took an issue with it. Same thing with Onimusha & Yakuza.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:14 am Reply with quote
#825565 wrote:

ANN covers many other topics beyond just anime and manga. This has been the case for a long time now. Simply going into various video game threads or interest piece articles and trolling them, as you seem to be doing lately, serves no purpose. If you don't like the topic or it does not interest you then simply ignore it and move on. Thanks.
djl33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
MajorZero wrote:

No. You're cool. Too cool for us. What are you doing hanging out with us dumb otaku anyway? Shouldn't you be off with your friends comparing your Criterion collections and discussing the genius of Richard Linklater and Paul Thomas Anderson?
onewing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:16 am Reply with quote
wow black liquid too much Ridley Scott ...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1