• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Adds More Catalog Titles From Funimation, Nozomi

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
Even though I own both seasons of Junjou Romantica on DVD I will be watching to show my support on CR. It may not be my favorite BL, but I'll support it to get more BL brought over!

Also I can finally get to watching Akuma no Riddle. So that's nice! Hoping Yuri Kuma will be added soon too!
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:31 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:

In Vanadis, you can check the first scene in episode 11. Some censorship there in Crunchyroll stream, but it is not censored on both (sub and dub) FUNi streams.

Thanks for the info.

It was also called to my attention by Skode24 on CR that Funimation's UK users apparently don't get the same treatment. While I discovered a title that was released post-partnership (Shimoneta) still has a censored sub for subscribers, High School DxD BorN, which hit home video shortly before the announcement, had an uncensored dub for subscribers. But that was only true here. Skode reported that in the UK, however, the subtitled version was still censored when viewing as subscriber.

While composing this, in another tab I see a response from shinryou, one of the support staff at CR, who states:
Quote:
Other series should be the disc material, unless funimation's license contract prohibits it to be sublicensed. In that case the series likely would not come over to Crunchyroll in first place though.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
CatSword wrote:
Wait, so the version of Cat Planet Cuties on Crunchyroll is the Japanese TV version?

Yes. I just checked it again to make certain. (Anyone wanting to confirm it for themselves can go to episode 10 at around the 11 minute mark).
I didn't see any signs of censorship there, but the bathing scenes in ep 03 at 13:20 definitely have some additional steam. It's going to be tough sledding against the bootleg streaming sites if CR/Funi partnership streams keep getting limited to TV-censored versions.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:

I didn't see any signs of censorship there, but the bathing scenes in ep 03 at 13:20 definitely have some additional steam. It's going to be tough sledding against the bootleg streaming sites if CR/Funi partnership streams keep getting limited to TV-censored versions.

Right time, wrong episode. Checking again, it was 11 minutes into episode 8 ("We Had a Duel"), not episode 10.

I'll edit my previous message to correct that.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:30 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

Right time, wrong episode. Checking again, it was 11 minutes into episode 8 ("We Had a Duel"), not episode 10.

I'll edit my previous message to correct that.

I assume the BR home release does not have this? It's on my watch list for RightStuf's holiday sale given it's super low price. So better to find out now before I buy it heh.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:

I assume the BR home release does not have this? It's on my watch list for RightStuf's holiday sale given it's super low price. So better to find out now before I buy it heh.

Yeah, the Blu-Ray is completely uncensored, nothing to worry about there
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2