• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Gets New Anime in 2018

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
traitorAIZEN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
You mean 2020?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I look forward to more Attack on Snowpiercer of the Dead!
msvitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
Still gonna watch (for the OST) but i have low expectation (unless they improve the plot).
since they're doing a season 2 then i dont want any unreasonable massacres that doesnt make sense.
in other words PLS no more Biba-like Characters!!!
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:45 am Reply with quote
Haha does Araki actually think he can salvage something out of the trainwreck in the first season? Just stick to Attack on Titan or manga adaptations since that's your only forte Araki.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:15 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Haha does Araki actually think he can salvage something out of the trainwreck in the first season? Just stick to Attack on Titan or manga adaptations since that's your only forte Araki.

The first half of the show was fine; it's the stuff involving Biba that was terrible. There's plenty of story opportunities to make with the setting in hand as long it doesn't fall into a pattern of wrecking a town every time the main character's train goes towards to.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:17 am Reply with quote
All good things come to those that wait. I knew this was gonna happen.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:18 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:

It actually wasn't a trainwreck though, people simply had expectations which were way too high.
robertbaldie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:24 am Reply with quote
traitorAIZEN wrote:
You mean 2020?

There's no manga for them to wait for like with AoT, so I can believe the 2018 date.

Also, I think at this stage any project that this team is involved in is basically a licence to print money - regardless of how good the show might be.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:30 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Haha does Araki actually think he can salvage something out of the trainwreck in the first season?
Well they just have to make it more like the first half, people liked that. Oh and trainwreck, how original, it is right up there with Attack on [insert title here].
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:31 am Reply with quote
I'm hesitantly optimistic simply because it was only Biba that ruined the last half of the series. Ikoma, Mumei, and everyone else were still fun to watch with the crazy acrobatic zombie fighting. Still a fun show but, waiting for another year for new content might be worth it.spoiler[ Just don't bring in a new pointless human villian.]
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:31 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:

It actually wasn't a trainwreck though, people simply had expectations which were way too high.

I didn't expect anything and yet I was still disappointed. Araki said he had learned from his mistakes after Guilty Crown but season 1 shows he hasn't learned anything at all.
MarshalBanana wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
Haha does Araki actually think he can salvage something out of the trainwreck in the first season?
Well they just have to make it more like the first half, people liked that. Oh and trainwreck, how original, it is right up there with Attack on [insert title here].

The first half was just as bad with the characters acting stupid whenever the plot demanded it.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
--I didn't expect anything and yet I was still disappointed. Araki said he had learned from his mistakes after Guilty Crown but season 1 shows he hasn't learned anything at all.

Well, that's just your opinion, man. I got exactly what I was expecting, a super fun action packed steampunk fantasy series with a God tier ost, incredible character designs and it was overall well produced.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:52 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Well, that's just your opinion, man. I got exactly what I was expecting, a super fun action packed steampunk fantasy series with a God tier ost, incredible character designs and it was overall well produced.

Same here. Like a lot of others, I wasn't crazy over the Biba stuff, but it didn't ruin the show for me.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:54 am Reply with quote
robertbaldie wrote:
traitorAIZEN wrote:
You mean 2020?

There's no manga for them to wait for like with AoT, so I can believe the 2018 date.

Also, I think at this stage any project that this team is involved in is basically a licence to print money - regardless of how good the show might be.

Well kabaneri was supposed to come out in 2015 but got pushed back to 2016 due production stuff. Wit studio simply takes their time so any sort of dates arent really 100%.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
...why? At this point making a new IP instead would be better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3