• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Anime Reveals Promo Video, Key Visual, Returning Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziko577

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I guess this will be the replacement for Shippuden when it ends next year. It's likely gonna be in April because the anime after adapting these current novels will have about 5 eps. left and they could just do whatever for those until this comes on.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I FREAKING LOVE YOU KISHI! Oh my God I'm so hyped for this I let out a scream of joy (OK no I didn't but I wanted to lol). All these anime related announcements are going to be the death of me: Blue Exorcist, Sailor Moon R The Movie, now this. Honestly, if a new season of Sailor Moon Crystal gets announced, I'm honestly going to pass out.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Imagine if instead of kicking a mostly-dead horse they instead made a Bleach anime sequel.............
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I knew it'd get an anime! Does this mean Naruto Shippuden will end in April?
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Imagine if instead of kicking a mostly-dead horse they instead made a Bleach anime sequel.............

Which arc or bleach because if you are referring too the Soul Society arc than they got a winner.

Also, got to respect how the Mangaka was able to continue the story in a direct sequel to the original in the same universe. Usually, if an offspring of a titular character is the focus of a continuation, they usually place some time between the stories or try to reset the Universe and not have the precious protagonist have any prominent role in the new story.

However, in this one, everyone is still there and better yet, they are actively participating in the new story. Got to give credit where credit is due.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
The anime adaption of Bleach ended at a nice spot. A place where the manga should have ended. So if they didn't adapt Bleach and it's ridiculous final arc, I wouldn't have any hard feelings.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
At least it looks very consistent with how the movie version of Boruto had looked and now I question how it will manage to make a full series of this while the manga version is monthly and not much progress has been made? I guess that it would have to go the Dragon Ball Super way then in terms of making a TV version of certain movies and adapt some additional manga spinoffs into the story and drag it out before we reach the canon chapters.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I knew it'd get an anime! Does this mean Naruto Shippuden will end in April?

More likely March, since the spring season starts in April. 12-13 Winter Naruto episodes plus a couple left this season. So no more than 15 Naruto episodes left to go.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Ziko577 wrote:
I guess this will be the replacement for Shippuden when it ends next year. It's likely gonna be in April because the anime after adapting these current novels will have about 5 eps. left and they could just do whatever for those until this comes on.

They may do a few more of the young Naruto episodes they did this season. They might also air episodes that setup for Baruto. I wouldn't be surprised if the took a break for a couple weeks either.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:41 pm Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
Ziko577 wrote:

They may do a few more of the young Naruto episodes they did this season. They might also air episodes that setup for Baruto. I wouldn't be surprised if the took a break for a couple weeks either.

Surely Pierrot should forget Naruto at this point. I saw Black Clover as a good succesor, but as Naruto continues, they probably won't pay much attention to the Biggest Naruto Clone
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Generations wrote:
So how is this going to work continuity-wise, seeing how there's a Boruto manga that's a monthly release and DEFINITELY not having enough material for a series.

Probably the same way Dragon Ball Super (which also has a monthly manga) works, with the anime driving the manga's content instead of the other way around.

if they really go down the DB Super arc, this series might end up tanking even worse than the 2014 reboot of the fairy tail anime series. they should have let this series died off to a respectable conclusion with the scarlet spring manga.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:40 am Reply with quote
Based on the way they handled Naruto, we could see one season of canon and three seasons of filler per year. But I wouldn't be surprised if they simply do recurring seasons of 12 or 13 episodes like most other shows are getting now.

Although at this point I think most Naruto fans (if there's any left) will wait until Boruto is finished, or at least the first season is finished, before watching it so it really won't matter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2