• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gabriel DropOut (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Well it didn't take them long to get to the beach episode. I loved the little rivalry between Gabriel and Satania on the beach, haha. Not to mention, it was nice to hear a little bit storytelling of how Vignette met Gabriel. (and Satania's aftermath reaction!)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:41 am Reply with quote
Yes, it was fun being reminded of when Gabriel wasn't a trashy NEET-esque schlub. Had to laugh when Raphiel volunteered to "tell" Satania about the beach trip without actually extending an invitation. Thank God for Vignette or there wouldn't be a shred of goodness in this show at all.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Those are some mean tenshi. And I wonder how long it will really take for them to properly expect most of what Raphiel does is to torture, especially with Satania. Apparently her name is actually Satanachia, a wiki search says it is a demon that is supposed to be a commander of 45 or 54 legions of demons, and specifically supposed to be able to subjugate all women to do whatever "he" wishes.

Dog showing up was the best, but good it only went as far as it did. And totally knew Satania would show up after Gabriel did, and Vignette also saw it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Tapris against Satania. For some reason the pitifulness of it made me think of Akari from Yuru Yuri. I think I remember an old maid scene in that too. Cheating Satania was pretty funny. Also Tapris showing her own vice.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Tapris will be part of the main cast now? She doesn't appear in the OP or ED, I don't believe. I hope she is, because she's fun. Her riskophobia was hilarious and it's kind of nice for Satania that there is somebody who takes her seriously as a demon.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:05 am Reply with quote
Tapris is cute. Hope to see her show up more this season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

I can endlessly watch Satania making a fool of herself. Letting herself be shot by her own laughter inducing prank weapon because she gave it to her, it is like taking candy from a baby.

And talking of candy, was wondering what comeback Gabriel could give to suddenly facing trick or treat, and throwing a back of beans used in the tradition of chasing Oni away was a great punchline. As was that Satania's "master plan" was bothering their teacher, who actually was prepared.

And just making up rules to mock Satania who did not know them herself for shogi.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I agree, Satania is priceless. However, the episode once again pointed out things that Western animation could never get away with: namely, having a realistic looking gun in a school setting and even have a student get "shot." I too enjoyed the March comes in like a Satania action...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I too enjoyed the March comes in like a Satania action...

The Batman strategy, unfortunately she double dribbled.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:01 pm Reply with quote
She'll never make it out of C-rank doing that...
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:07 am Reply with quote
This series should just be named after Satanichia, she's the heart and soul of the show!!! When she pulled that gun out, took me back to Looney Toons days haha don't see that sort of comedy anymore. The slapstick of this series is so refreshing.

The whole episode, I kept thinking " whoa, was this translated in California??" those "hella" drops were relentless haha love this

Didn't have any comments for last week, as Tapris was my least favorite character while reading the manga, and that didn't change much in the anime... Don't hate her, just find her so boring :/
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

The expression on Satania's face when she realizes that Raphi is afraid of frogs ... literally priceless.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I don't like Raphael so seeing her troubled and Satania getting some much deserved revenge was great.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:26 am Reply with quote
It was like the very end of the episode, but Raphiel panicking so much in her voice from Satania holding the frog was pretty great. Seeing Satania humiliated as a fool is fun, but I think that I also like seeing her have things go her way. I kind of even liked how she was showing charisma and confidence in interview which should be nerve-racking .

That can just showing up in the show with no real introduction, and it getting chased by the dog. And the dog in the imagine spot driving the truck when Satania is paranoid.

Was the cooking club part character development for Gabriel? At least bringing character to more of the classmates was fun, showing that they are blurred out to Gabriel was funny too.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:07 pm Reply with quote
EPISODE 9

Ah, my favorite arc of the manga so far, and probably the second funniest episode of the season. Is it just me, or does Satanichia have hands down the best fashion sense of the group? She always looks adorable and like she puts effort into her appearance lol just find that funny, her of all the characters.

Quite a bit of blasphemy this episode, though I found making the coffee master Jesus the most notable instance. And Satanichia claiming her future victory in front of three angels! No fear in that demon! Love her lol

Yeah, great episode!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4