• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Season 2 Listed With 12 Episodes

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Eh, that's a bummer. I was really hoping for 2 cour...

12 episodes after all these years. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
[Insert Evanescence - Bring me to life meme here]

Seriously tho, thats disappointing.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Does that mean there's going to be a S3 or the remaining story is just enough for 1 cour?
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I figured it'd only be 12 episodes. But on the bright side, the animation and pacing should be tighter than season 1.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Here comes the ranting hahaha.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Well hopefully we'll get another set of 12 episodes in 2018 and 2019? I'm not certain who made the call but AOT seems like a big high budget production with a lot of action and varying character sizes, so hopefully a possible 12 episodes format leads to the best quality.
Hansond Jaysond Lee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Sooooo... 2 split cours, then?
First cour in spring and second cour in fall?
Hopefully that's the case.
I mean, we've waited 4 years for this.
1 cour ain't enough, yo.
scriver058

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
It's fine, as long as this means there won't be another multi year wait for another cour of episodes.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Eh, that's a bummer. I was really hoping for 2 cour...

12 episodes after all these years. Confused

You think you had it rough? "Blue Exorcist" fans had to wait six years for a season that actually followed the manga, but only got 12 episodes.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:28 pm Reply with quote
The amount of salt i saw on MAL and twitter was to real it had me rotf. If im guesstimating this correctly they'll only be adapting the next arc, which i find even more hilarious because everyone kept saying that the moment the go to the The Uprising arc that all the hype was going to die for this series because of all the dialog + not a lot of action and now it seems like they wont even adapt it Laughing

Last edited by Nekelen Tinsley on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ulinox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, they better make another cour soon after, and not have us wait another 3-4 years again after all this time. 12 episodes, wtf is that.
Koda89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:

Does that mean there's going to be a S3 or the remaining story is just enough for 1 cour?

There is way more than enough material for more than one piddly ass 12 episode season.

The first anime ended at chapter 33 of the manga. We currently have 91 chapters in the manga. They could do 4 cours worth of episodes if they kept the same adaptation pace as the first season.

They are stalling. Either to milk more money from fans, or to put off the inevitable drop in quality, because dear lord does the manga get really stupid after a while. Most likely a combo of both, get as much money from the fans as they can while they still have fans. Laughing
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping that the plan behind waiting this long was to have plenty of material to adapt and maybe make for a lengthier season 2. But it seems like that was wrong if they are only doing 12 episodes.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
The amount of salt i saw on MAL and twitter was to real it had me rotf. If im guesstimating this correctly they'll only be adapting the next arc, which i find even more hilarious because everyone kept saying that the moment the go to the The Uprising arc that all the hype was going to die for this series because of all the dialog + not a lot of action and now it seems like they wont even adapt it Laughing

Uprising is okay, but I guess it makes more sense they do it in a different cour because it's a completely different story than Titan Clash, and the shift might be too jarring. So yeah, make a second cour, Wit.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote
The general consensus is that they're stalling because when AoT is over, they won't get nearly as much recognition as a company. Arc 2 (which definitely won't be well received as standalone because of its horribly slow pacing) probably won't even come out next year because they have... you guessed it... another Kabaneri season. My main qualms, now that I've accepted the reality we're facing, is how this might affect the quality of the current season. Since Levi has such an inactive role, I can't imagine them NOT shoehorning him in for Season 2, which would hurt it.

Animeking1108 wrote:
You think you had it rough? "Blue Exorcist" fans had to wait six years for a season that actually followed the manga, but only got 12 episodes.

Try successfully explaining that to mainstream fans, who aren't nearly as accustomed as anime fans since they probably don't watch any other anime. How similar is the situation anyway? Like did they promise Blue Exorcist fans that a season would air in one year, delay it in favor of some crappy rip-off, and then slice the original in half a year later?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5