• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yen Press on Kindle

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Just got an email that my Volume 5 order of Monthly Girl Nozaki-Kun was cancelled. I randomly looked up other Yen Press titles I order like Barakamon & Horimiya and I while I am seeing the older volumes on the Amazon Kindle store not seeing any later volumes up for preorder.

Does anyone know what is going on?
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Well it doesn't look like anyone cared that Yen Press titles were missing from the Kindle store but the situation has been resolved Smile
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully in a positive way. The only way to read Sekirei is digitally.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Have to keep an eye on Amazon for that. Luckily for you it seems to have been an error. But Amazon has banned some manga digitally, while still selling the physical copies.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:03 am Reply with quote
I definitely noticed, but I don't come in here often. I don't know if it was the same in the US, but in the UK Yen deleted all their Kindle releases and re-published them. At a higher price (in the UK at least). All the volumes I already own are showing like I haven't bought then as well (so I've had recommendations for books I've already bought). I had over a dozen pre-orders cancelled and I've only reordered a couple I wanted the most. Some I may never reorder (I stopped partway through NGNL vol. 4 but still had the rest on order).

Actually, having found my tweets that was back in December so yours is a new occurrence...

https://twitter.com/shiroihane/status/809402032620761088
https://twitter.com/shiroihane/status/810532888529747973
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1