• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Reading Air Gear ( to vilume 14 )

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote
I have been reading Air Gear for a while now, and I am considering quitting the series. I like the art, but the story moves so god awful slow, and the fights are just so ridiculously out there. All these people have special powers from their skates ?!?! Also, in volume 14, a serious thing occures - spoiler[ Simca gets attacked by Ringo, and a bunch of others, and gets seriously messed up, and you have no reason why, really lame imo, and knowing Oh great, it will be 15 long ass drwan out fights before we found out why. ] Plus, I just don't seem to care about the fights much anymore. This volume ends with 2 people I could really care less about just getting ready to fight ... and I care about it why ? All in all I think the actual plot progression is just to damn slow. So what do you other folks think of this series, I started it cause I enjoy tenjho tenge, although in that series, the super powers are at least a little more explainable. Plus I <3 Aya and Maya, they kick ass.
Smoke

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:25 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I started reading Air gear because I like the anime somewhat (the end sucked). But I just couldn't get into the manga. Like you said the art and concept is cool with me...even with the powers but it just got wierd and absurd. I could barely understand what was going on much less the plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1