• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Do You Like Your Mom? Light Novel Sells 12,000 Copies in 9 Days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I see the mommy kink is finally on the rise on japan. I think that's at least better than lolis, not that they're bad, but its oversaturated already.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Despite the story being over used as hell atleast this one has an interesting twist and if it does get an Anime adaptation I would most certainly watch it. Smile
wilsonwilson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:48 pm Reply with quote
John Thacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:54 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
The other problem is simply there is no possessive pronoun in the Japanese title, it's, more literally, "With a normal attack that attacks at full power two times, do you like mom?" The implication is that she is asking it herself, I believe, based on ad, so more like "do you like me?"

通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?

Right, and we can also note that there's almost zero chance that it is the main character asking someone not in his family the question, because it would be really odd to use お母さん to describe your own mom to someone not in your family. It's too polite, you should use something more humble like 母 (haha) to describe your own mother to an outsider. お母さん can be an outsider politely referring to someone else's mom, someone politely talking to their own mother or to an immediate family member about mother, or in certain cases the mother referring to herself to her son.

(For that matter, there's a case that "mother" could be more appropriate than "mom," but that depends on your English dialect. In some dialects "mother" is as stiff and formal as お母様.)
Cetais

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:55 pm Reply with quote
If you don't buy this LN it's proof that you don't like your mom.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:47 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Thespacemaster"][quote="Splitter"]
Marzan wrote:

So a switch to a rising trend in older good looking woman is not that far out. Back in the mid 80's to late 90's their were a lot of female romantic leads who were mature and older woman for the main male character it is just not as common as it used to be. Maybe this is a bounce back, i mean we have been seeing a lot of retro stuff coming back in modern times lately have we not?

I'm glad someone else noticed aside from me. Now that cougar MLIFs are on the return swing, maybe that pendulum will keep going to the oba-chans that's a little more my age since most cougars are still just kids to us old farts Anime smile
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I've heard weirder LNs like Isekai Onsen ni Tensei shita Ore no Kounou ga Tondemosugi – Anta no Naka ga Kimochi Ii Wake janai n Desukedo!?, you want a LN that's WTF, then this title is the one you want to look up to believe. Seems like we're in a milf craze as well in the world of manga.
Niyari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:18 pm Reply with quote
i don't think it's as weird as the translated title makes it sound. the author is likely just trying to add the parental element in a genre that usually lacks one
harminia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I actually really like the concept and the art but I'd like it more if it was a non-sexy mother so there wouldn't be creepy fanservice that's crossing into "my mum is so hot even I, her son, is turned on by her).

It'd be good if the mother got a harem though, because she's so nice and lovely and supportive that everyone just falls for her.

Blood- wrote:
And if this does get an anime, ten to one they'll get a soft-spoken seiyuu, like the purple haired character in Long Riders! and when she wants to gently chide her son, she'll tilt her head, smile, close her eyes, and put her hand on her cheek as she says, "Ora, ora!"

My vote would by for Kikuko Inoue, she's best mum. Also, it'll be "ara ara", unless she's saying ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA while slicing up enemies, which would also be good.

Kruszer wrote:
Good to see there's a market for MILFs. I was a bit worried about you, Japan. Laughing

I guess you haven't seen all the mother hentai around...
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I am actually more curious of the other works that were in the commercial, but the Mom one looks nice too.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Ara, ara, I goofed...
Draconix814

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I can just imagine this series getting as popular as Re:Zero... I will laugh a lot if it does...
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Good to see. We need a modern Ara Ara revolution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, you're need to check the illustator of the novel, who is very known in hentai community - he's now writing very lewd straight shotacon manga in Dengeki G about the "adoptive" older sister... who's basically spoiler[Shub-Niggurath]. And it's based on his own H-doujins series, which he still drawing for Comiket.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:04 pm Reply with quote
"Animate celebrated the novel's publication by encouraging customers to come shopping for light novels with their moms"

Apparently they were hoping for the moms to get the hint, for the chance to see some good old mother-son love blossom.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4