• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dirty Pair: Project Eden -- a 1986 release or a 1987 one?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mbanu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:57 pm Reply with quote
anime#585

The Encyclopedia entry isn't quite clear, listing a 1986-11-26 vintage date with a 1987-03-14 Japanese premiere date... was the film screened outside of Japan first, or is one of the dates incorrect?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:22 am Reply with quote
They can be different, per the entry instructions for vintage:

Quote:
For a movie, the vintage is when the movie finished production. Often this date is not known; rather, what we usually know is the Premiere date, which should not be entered as vintage. For example, Millennium Actress premiered on 2001-07-28 but we know the vintage is 2001-01-23 because the director wrote when the production finished on his website.

I don't have the cited issue of Animage to attempt to confirm, nor do I know anyone who has it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mbanu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the clarification!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1