• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SukaSuka (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Beautiful episode. I need to make gifs with the tuning scene pronto!

The kids' reaction to learning Willem's past was Anime hyper Good grief, everyone is so freaking cute I can barely stand it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:34 am Reply with quote
The kids all screaming had me wondering if they were scared, but they were instead excited to talk about him being a human. Now that we have an explanation for how he exists in this time, petrified for an extended period, I feel like we can start to get where he is coming from. Also, interesting that she was so adamantly against him saying she had been fighting wrong as if it diminished all the leprechauns that already died.

Although at this point, what is the chances that we have one die next episode? I am starting to feel like that will be the way to show that the stakes are real, and my call so far would be on someone smaller rather than Chtholy, one because she is a main but the other just to nail it.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
as if it diminished all the leprechauns that already died.

The show clearly mentions that Chtholly is a fairy along with her predecessors, and it would not be surprising if there was a race even before the Fairies that was being used as "ammo" against the rampaging beasts.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:40 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Quote:
as if it diminished all the leprechauns that already died.

The show clearly mentions that Chtholly is a fairy along with her predecessors, and it would not be surprising if there was a race even before the Fairies that was being used as "ammo" against the rampaging beasts.

Confused And leprechaun are not fairies? Under usual Irish lore a leprechaun is a type of fairy, and so I think it could appear a bit that they use them interchangeably.

Actually a rather interest thing came from a video I watched yesterday about the origin of the leprechaun, that one theory is that it comes from "luchrupán" and meant "small" and "body". But there was another one about their name being a parody of specific earlier members of the Tuatha Dé Danann, a god tribe of earlier Irish mythology. I was thinking it interesting if the humans may be the Tuatha Dé Danann, the fairies and or leprechaun being a parody of them.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Damn, that reunion was so heartwarming. My Willem x Chtholly shipping urges just suddenly went from 0 to 11. Also I feel like Tiat set some death flags but maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I dunno what race those police officers were, but I found it hilarious how the officer just lazily jumped on top of that crook. Laughing
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Stop toying with our Emotions, Kureno.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:29 pm Reply with quote
OMFG DAT HUG. THERE WAS A HUG. DID YOU SEE THE HUG? HE HUGGED HER. EVERYONE, EPISODE 04 HAD A HUG. A HUG WAS IN EPISODE FOUR. I WANT TO INFORM YOU ALL HUGGING TOOK PLACE.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Does it qualify as an embrace, though?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:37 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
OMFG DAT HUG. THERE WAS A HUG. DID YOU SEE THE HUG? HE HUGGED HER. EVERYONE, EPISODE 04 HAD A HUG. A HUG WAS IN EPISODE FOUR. I WANT TO INFORM YOU ALL HUGGING TOOK PLACE.

How scandalous. I did not come into watching this show for this level of smut.
Razz

I liked the sightseeing part, but it feels a bit like higher tension with nothing going wrong yet, and the talks of how things can go wrong for the girls like losing their minds.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:37 pm Reply with quote
By the end of this Season, and probably season 2 (The whole LN will probably be adapted, for the sake of maybe planning for the Sequel novel series SukaMoka) I wil be playing Ashes of Dreams from the first Nier ad nausem to the saddest scenes of the series.

Someone hold me. Sad
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Using your flash step to hug your not girlfriend faster. Willem's modus operandi is to be admired.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:57 pm Reply with quote
That was his last bit of strength, and he dies the next episode from internal bleeding as his bones shatter. Totally worth it, though. He wouldn't have wanted to walk over there.
AsuraTheDestructor

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
New episode.

Dem visions throughout, though.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Laughing Just saw this post now.

There were no hugs like that in episode 5. That I can remember. Although, apparently a were-chick had her belly touched.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 pm Reply with quote
NO BUT.

CONFESSION THO.

which I captured and blogged.....................of course. Razz

Really, that was the cutest conversation they've had yet...(>m<) ♥ The sunset setting was perfect and I really love it when one character is so casual about it but the one being confessed to is "WOW, I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT." Shocked lol Surely there is a name for this trope....eh, let's call it the "Wham Confession"....lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7