• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SukaSuka (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

I don't think that I want to know about the winter festival either, the decorations look a little disturbing.

Haha they did! Laughing It was funny when Willhem told her to spare the details.

Ugh....I love the ED song so much.

The full version is totally not on youtube or anything. :p
Nobody has translated the whole song, it looks like so I took a stab at it.

I really love it. The vocals remind me of LiSA (it's not but it's a lovely voice) but more than that, the lyrics are totally Chtholly singing to Willhem and it's so sweet. X3

spoiler[
「ねぇ、私はだれ?」
君がやさしくほほえむ
答えなどなくてもいいと思えた
ぼんやりとした
幸せの手触りふわり
明日の心残りひとつ
空に浮かんで消えた

透きとおるこころは愛しさを知り
やがて寂しさを知るの
さよならで繋がれた私たち
Ah 君の待つ場所へ帰ろう
泣けるくらい大好き
君がくれるおかえりなさい

"Tell me, who am I?"
You smiled gently
Thinking that an answer was not needed
We became lost in thought
After a brush of happiness
A fragment of my soul from tomorrow
Floated up to the sky and disappeared
My transparent heart now knows love
Before long, I'll know loneliness too
Through the farewell that connects us
Ah, I'll return to the spot where you're waiting for me
I love you so much it makes me cry
You welcomed me home]

spoiler[
「あぁ、甘いにおい」
君のとなりに寄り添う
気まぐれな奇跡は今日も見えない
咲いたときから
枯れてゆく花びらひらり
それでも笑っていたい想い
本当の恋と決めた
壊れてくいのちに向き合うたびに
永遠を探してしまう
欲張りな夢ばかり増えてゆく
Ah 君のいない世界なんて
震えるほど大嫌い
だから守る私の手で

"Ahh, such a sweet fragrance"
I snuggled up next to you
I can't see the fickle miracle today either
From when they blossomed
To drying up, the flower petals danced in front of us
Even so, I felt like smiling
That was when I decided this love was real
Every time this life is in danger
I'll search for eternity
My dreams of avarice just keep increasing
Ah a world without you in it
Is something I hate so much it makes me tremble
That's why I'll protect you by my own hand]

spoiler[夕日は今日を連れて
西の空へと帰る
赤く染まる頃
溶けてしまいそうで
怖くなるんだ

The setting sun takes today with it
Returning to the western sky
Dying everything crimson
I feel I might melt away
It makes me so afraid

透きとおるこころは愛しさを知り
やがて寂しさを知るの
さよならで繋がれた私たち
Ah 君の待つ場所へ帰ろう
泣けるくらい大好き
君がくれるおかえりなさい

My transparent heart now knows love
Before long, I'll know loneliness too
Through the farewell that connects us
Ah, I'll return to the spot where you're waiting for me
I love you so much it makes me cry
You welcomed me home]
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I like the ending song too. The same artist also did the Iron Blooded Orphans' (1st season) 2nd ending theme which is also brilliant.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

I slightly wish more happened in this episode only because I have a slight fear that the last episodes will end up being rushed. There's little this show can do to disappoint me at this point, but still..

Anyway my shipping urges are skyrocketing. Willem x Chtholly ship is too good. It's definitely turning out to be one of my favourite ships in the last few years.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Wish the scene from the 5th volume was longer,one of the stronger moments of Sukasuka.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:32 pm Reply with quote
".....kekkonshite kure"

Oh my god. that proposal.

I TEARED UP. The voice acting was so amazing. And just compare that scene to episode 04 when he first hugged her; the character development is just phenomenal.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:25 am Reply with quote
My theory earlier was the Lilia became a beast herself, and perhaps she is what is waiting down underneath the city. But there is this new connection between Lilia and Elq, that Lilia apparently tried to kill Elq who was apparently some threat. Whether this means that she and perhaps the rest of the Leprechaun who came from human spirits have a connection to Beasts in specific.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Goddammit. This show has been so friggin' enjoyable these past few episodes. Things look bad though. I dunno who is going to die. I looked back at the first scene from episode 1. Willem was falling from the ship holding onto Ren and Chtholly jumps after them. Maybe Chtholly will live and only lose most of her memories?... Willem and Chtholly are the absolute OTP, they aren't allowed to die! I forbid it!

And now I have to wait for a week to see what happens. FML.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Source material spoilers:spoiler[Seems at this point the author is cramming as much narrative exposition Elq's little mouth can hold.And he had her pour out reveals from the 4th and 5th volumes to boot,nevermind what was missing from the first episodes.

Before folks start up,Elq knew nothing of the world outside her protective barrier,she most certainly did not declare war on humanity.
Sorry,yes some hate hearing about the source but that change out of left field .]

Mod edit: Please do not post unmarked source material spoilers. I have seen neither this anime nor the source material, so I don't know what parts would be more relevant to selectively blackbox, hence the whole post going in tags. -Galap
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:39 pm Reply with quote
The first few minutes of Episode 1 sure kills any hope of a happy ending. What a way to torture us, give us all these bittersweet moments and then force us to watch the finale knowing it most likely won't end happy. And to add onto that, they have the audacity to title the next episode "The Happiest Girl in the World." They sure know how to tug on my heartstrings.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Nuuuuuuu I wanted a proper kiss scene!!

Damn you, anime. Anime cry

Finale next week. My heart is not prepared. Elq's nine-year-old seiyuu certainly is cute though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 am Reply with quote
So Elq (Chtholly) is a god? A group that thought that humanity was destroying the planet so they created an army, which one would guess humanity tried to fight back with which led to them turning humans into monsters. And supposedly most of Chtholly's memories are gone now as she has been turning into Elq, the dream being over. Oh, the bad end for the new couple.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 11 was really good. Gotta get my tear ducts in shape for the finale ... I have a feeling they are gonna be getting quite the work-out.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:01 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
So Elq (Chtholly) is a god? A group that thought that humanity was destroying the planet so they created an army, which one would guess humanity tried to fight back with which led to them turning humans into monsters. And supposedly most of Chtholly's memories are gone now as she has been turning into Elq, the dream being over. Oh, the bad end for the new couple.

Visitors are god-like beings,Elq is the last one remaining.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:28 pm Reply with quote
What a beautiful finale. I didn't bawl a much as I thought would. Having the fairies spoiler[die off-screen was surprisingly merciful.]

If you are wondering what the heck happened; yes spoiler[the new baby is Ctholly reborn and Willem is in another sleep somewhere.]

At the end of the novel I believe I read that, spoiler[he is reborn too and meets her again.]

I think?

Readers will need to confirm that.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

What a finale. I believe that the light novel has a sequel that I'm guessing continues this story? Maybe.

As for the show itself, it was great. It didn't start off that great though. The show started to get really, really good somewhere around half-way point, and it just kept getting better as it went along. The relationship between Chtholly and Willem was excellent and Chtholly's slowly deteriorating health was done very well. The show did an excellent job at setting a very tense atmosphere whenever it was time for serious plot developments. Maybe the wizard dude and the talking skull were a bit underutilized considering how important they are to this show's universe. Also I would have wanted to know a bit more about Willem's past.

I'm not sure how I wanna rate the show. The first half was like goodish but the second half was excellent. I'll give it very good for now, and maybe increase it to excellent after I'm done thinking what is the meaning of life after a finale like this. I have very little doubt that this show will most likely end up being one of my favourite anime from 2017.

P.S. Chiibi's post disappointed me. I came to see a dozen emojis, weird emoticons and lots of capital letters and other trademark Chiibi stuff. None of that there. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7