• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Slow Loop (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:33 am Reply with quote

Slow Loop (TV)

Genres: drama, slice of life
Themes:

Plot Summary: Hiyori is a girl who enjoys fly fishing by the beach, an activity passed down to her by her late father. On one typical day at the beach, she happens to meet Koharu, who is her stepsister from her mother's new marriage.

Jan. 7, 2022 (Fridays; FUNimation)
----------------------------------
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Any word on a Season 2 (yes, I know we are only one episode in, but that is enough to make up my mind unless a drastic quality drop happens)?

Anyone who enjoyed watching the relationship develop between Rin and Nadeshiko in Yuru CampΔ or enjoyed Koguma growing after she bought her Super Cub should check out Slow Loop.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:53 pm Reply with quote
We are three episodes in (seems to be the de facto anime trial period) and I have not changed my opinion other than Hiyori and Koharu keep on reminding me of Rin and Nadeshiko in Yuru CampΔ (note that this is more likely to be due to circumstance than plagiarism).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:32 pm Reply with quote
It has continued to be rather cute.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (final)

This was indeed a cute series. It generally worked itself around (fly) fishing, but the real centre was the step sister pair, and their friend Koi. I don't think that I can even recall that many anime that do the step siblings thing, especially with such blended families being so wholesome. Koi's family too in some aspects was like an extension too. So really it was about family, and more than the unit that you generally get. You also had the sisters able to talk about their lost parent, without making it feel like it is strange that someone else has stepped into the role.

A particular part I liked was when their father refused to let them go on a trip alone, because he clearly he thought that it would be too dangerous for two high school girls. Later we see him second guessing that maybe he was being too harsh, and he was supported that even if was being a bit too much of a worry wart, how he felt about their safety is something he is allowed to.

It was just generally a fun, easy to watch slice of life show, that I would save to watch last, because I need an easy going show as a pallet cleanser to everything else. My rating will be Very good (8/10), where I wouldn't put it on par of some of the other kings of similar slice of life show, but it is a good watch.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:41 am Reply with quote
I have now seen two entries into the ultra-niche "cute girls doing cute fishing" genre: this and Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater and based on this tiny sampling I'm prepared to say that, yes sir, I like it. I'm not actually into fishing myself but I don't mind watching cute animated girls do it. I enjoyed the parts where they ate what they caught because although I may not be an avid fisherperson, I do love EATING fish.

I liked all the relationships. Not that she got a ton of screen time, but I especially enjoyed Futaba's big, red-haired sister, Ichika in particular when she interacted with her more level-headed restaurant owning friend with the short blonde hair.

I guess you can say I was... are you ready for this???... hooked. *rimshot*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1