• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love and Lies Manga Gets TV Anime by Yamada-kun & the Seven Witches Team

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:58 am Reply with quote
Seems like this will be a full length show then.

Summer is starting to fill up now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:05 am Reply with quote
This is actually a really good fit for the art style, the characters look so similar to the ones from Yamada-kun. I really enjoyed the director's adaptation of Yamada, but I don't know how much I can enjoy something based off this kind of a manga. We're getting a lot of romance series this summer.
Robiiii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:16 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
This is actually a really good fit for the art style, the characters look so similar to the ones from Yamada-kun. I really enjoyed the director's adaptation of Yamada, but I don't know how much I can enjoy something based off this kind of a manga. We're getting a lot of romance series this summer.
Are we? The summer very empty to me Surprised
Dayblack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:18 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:

Yamada and the seven witches was a terrible adaptation.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:33 am Reply with quote
Dayblack wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

I thought it was a fantastic adaptation because it had a very satisfying ending and it didn't go to crap like the manga, which dragged on and on and introduced a bunch of witches pointlessly. The anime was very cute, the art was nice, the characters and the voice acting were great and the fast pacing was a good change for once, I loved how a 12 episode romance did more than entire romance anime do in even 24 episodes.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Dayblack wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

I thought it was a fantastic adaptation because it had a very satisfying ending and it didn't go to crap like the manga, which dragged on and on and introduced a bunch of witches pointlessly. The anime was very cute, the art was nice, the characters and the voice acting were great and the fast pacing was a good change for once, I loved how a 12 episode romance did more than entire romance anime do in even 24 episodes.

It was very bad adaptation, cut and changed many things. They used more than 100 manga chapters in 12 anime chapters.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:33 am Reply with quote
Regardless of director or studio, I had a feeling that this manga was going to get an anime adaptation, and it looks like I was right!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:35 am Reply with quote
So... the only thing we see of the lead are his feet? The idea has potential, even as a comedy but it seems they're selling a love triangle first and foremost.

Hmm, if 16 is the cut off point with the Government appointed mate then start there, do a classic comedy switch by having the guy start with the wrong girl. "I thought you were..." sort of thing. The four, yes, there should be another guy, then pair off as intended but the lead can't get the first girl out of his head.

Then the lies begin.
It'd be an animated farce in the vein of Importance of Being Earnest or a complete rip off of it.

Why do I suspect this won't be that ambitious? The amount of fan service in just the core image?
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
Dayblack wrote:
It was very bad adaptation, cut and changed many things. They used more than 100 manga chapters in 12 anime chapters.

That doesn't make it a bad adaptation, who cares if they cut out unimportant stuff, they at least gave the anime a great conclusion, what was adapted was great and a ton of fun. It seems to be pretty pointless to try to talk to you, since you're way to headstrong to actually listen to others and you only think your opinion is correct, even if it probably isn't.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:49 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
So... the only thing we see of the lead are his feet? The idea has potential, even as a comedy but it seems they're selling a love triangle first and foremost.

Hmm, if 16 is the cut off point with the Government appointed mate then start there, do a classic comedy switch by having the guy start with the wrong girl. "I thought you were..." sort of thing. The four, yes, there should be another guy, then pair off as intended but the lead can't get the first girl out of his head.

Then the lies begin.
It'd be an animated farce in the vein of Importance of Being Earnest or a complete rip off of it.

Why do I suspect this won't be that ambitious? The amount of fan service in just the core image?

The story is actually a good bit deeper than that. There's a lot going on, and the manga has some significant exploration of its base concepts. If done with some competence this could be an easy top 5 for the seasol
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:04 pm Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
Animegomaniac wrote:

Then the lies begin.

The story is actually a good bit deeper than that. There's a lot going on, and the manga has some significant exploration of its base concepts. If done with some competence this could be an easy top 5 for the seasol

I have to disagree, Yamada is basically a worse case of Nisekoi than Nisekoi. The manga should have ended a long time ago, but every time it was wrapped up the author made it drag and drag, to the point where he seemed to just contradict himself/herself.

I feel like there is a group who will never be satisfied no matter how well an adaption is made from a written work because they will always find something to complain about as missing no matter how useless and unimportant it is to the actual work. These are the people who complain when an adaption of the Odyssey or Illiad does not take ten hours to specifically go through some long list of names or items.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote
[quote="CrownKlown"][quote="DRosencraft"]
Animegomaniac wrote:

I have to disagree, Yamada is basically a worse case of Nisekoi than Nisekoi.

I was talking about Koi to Uso. Haven't looked at the Yamada manga.
ajr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:40 pm Reply with quote
What I've read of the manga was really interesting, the character dynamics and personalities are well-suited to the premise.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:40 am Reply with quote
Dayblack wrote:

And the adaptation covered almost all of that arc in the manga and they changed very few things. They cut like two chapters from the beginning and like from the end of the arc they were covering. I know this because I read the manga.
ptj_tsubasa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:01 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

If you think that Scum's Wish has "fan service", then I guess you'll think that this one will have it too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2