• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Convention Feedback Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:37 pm Reply with quote
The convention center is nearly north-south oriented. And The sun goes from east to west. If the line's outside, it is likely to end up in the sun. But shade did slowly appear as the sun made its way. *shrug*
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Well, that explains why that huge area by the escalators on the south entrance wasn't used. I remember that being used for the arcade area last year. The arcade area this year was pushed into where console gaming was last year, and console gaming this year was put into a small random room. Kind of rude of Microsoft for taking up those spaces and not allowing Anime Expo to make use of them when they're not doing anything with it.

As for the blocked off area, I was one of the volunteers who had to tell people how to navigate the convention center with the place closed. The reason why the police and firefighters refused to tell anyone what happened was to not cause a panic, as mentioned in the article--but this being Anime Expo and thus full of nutjobs, I thought that some conventiongoer wanted to pull a prank. I heard of some REALLY out of control people from a few years ago who crashed a wedding. I wouldn't put it above someone to place a fake bomb somewhere and then alerting the police to it just to see what would happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1