• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Man Arrested for Threatening Voice Actress Nana Mizuki on Twitter

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:55 am Reply with quote
Hopefully at least 7.5 years in prison will change this guy's ways.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
I don't get the obsession with actors (voice or live action). They aren't the characters they depict on screen. Treating them as such is what leads to this craziness.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
Recently, Sonny Strait responded to a YouTube comment I made. I sent him a joking reply, he joked back, then I joked back again, and he never responded.

I'm perfectly fine. Oh and, here's the proof: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B6syva2hKsY
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:40 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
I don't get the obsession with actors (voice or live action). They aren't the characters they depict on screen. Treating them as such is what leads to this craziness.

In the case of seiyuus, they do live concerts, they do produce music, they appear on events, they host radio shows, or they do other marketing. At least, that's what Nana Mizuki does. Her singles and albums have been in the top 5 of the Weekly Oricon Charts since November 2006. During that time, her singles/albums were placed 5th only twice, which were Kindan no Resistance and her first compilation album THE MUSEUM.

She's more consistenly ranked 2nd or 3rd, but she ranked 1st three times with ULTIMATE DIAMOND, PHANTOM MINDS and SUPERNAL LIBERTY. Although, I noticed that her albums sell less and less each year. ROCKBOUND NEIGHBORS started with 96,000+ sells in the first week, but was placed 2nd, while later albums would be placed 1st (SUPERNAL LIBERTY) or 2nd (the rest), but much sell less each year.

She doesn't get many roles a year, but if she does, she usually do either a OP or ED. Not always, but most of the time.

This year, I'm forward to listen to her in her most iconic role, Fate Testarossa who is the main reason of her successful music career, and that character isn't even an idol. Especially I want to listen to her in The Movie 3rd Reflection, which has been teased since 2012/13, with the high chance of her reprising Levi the Slasher, and a small chance of her reprising Alicia Testarossa, provided if all of her three characters appear in that movie.
Amelia Ho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quote
^right

example of her concert Very Happy Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BlXDZlSnRg
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2