• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans With English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Whens the second season of the dub coming?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:00 pm Reply with quote
I wonder why only US/CA for Gakuen Alice? It's on iTunes in the UK so someone has the rights, presumably Nozomi since most of the anime in iTunes is either theirs or Sentai's. Back when The Anime Network were streaming it, it was available in the UK there also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Gemnist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 pm Reply with quote
That's weird. Funimation streamed it subbed. I know they don't have the license, but I figured Funimation would get the dub also because of the sub once it finished on Toonami.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
That's weird. Funimation streamed it subbed. I know they don't have the license, but I figured Funimation would get the dub also because of the sub once it finished on Toonami.

Funimation streaming the show in the first place was strange for two reasons. It was assumed that Sunrise/Bandai were probably going to dub and distribute it themselves. And Funimation targets the more casual market, and, except for Wing, Gundam has always been niche in North America. Funimation not getting the dub version of Iron-Blooded Orphans makes sense to me.
epicwizard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Yes!! I missed the dub's broadcast on Toonami, so now that it's streaming on Crunchyroll, this gives me a chance to watch it! Smile
K-Anime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:07 pm Reply with quote
My question is when will Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans English Dub be released for DVD/Blu-ray?

Gemnist wrote:

Well, before the 1st season aired Sunrise did announce they would dub it through Bang Zoom! Entertainment.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-10-09/sunrise-to-dub-gundam-iron-blooded-orphans-release-gundam-build-fighters/.94015
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:54 pm Reply with quote
So stoked to watch Gakuen Alice. I'm still salty at TP for not finishing the manga.
JRPictures

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:

The official Facebook page revealed that they started recording for S2's dub back in December

I assume it'll be ready to air on Toonami when they finish airing the Unicorn TV edit that's currently running.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:20 pm Reply with quote
I didn't practically like Iron-Blooded Orphans. But I am currently enjoying Unicorn Re: 0096.
dark13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Animechic420 wrote:
I didn't practically like Iron-Blooded Orphans. But I am currently enjoying Unicorn Re: 0096.
I fall out of watching Unicorn, I enjoyed IBO more
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:27 pm Reply with quote
JRPictures wrote:
Kb24lol wrote:

The official Facebook page revealed that they started recording for S2's dub back in December

I assume it'll be ready to air on Toonami when they finish airing the Unicorn TV edit that's currently running.

i wouldnt be so sure. with this announcement, its possible that season two will be on crunchyroll and not on adult swim which is ashame considering how decent it did viewerwise. though of course it pales in comparison to the monster that is the dragon ball franchise. not to mention the success of hunter x hunter. and if they do end up broadcasting both stardust crusaders and its sequel , it will be even smaller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JRPictures

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:43 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
JRPictures wrote:
Kb24lol wrote:

i wouldnt be so sure. with this announcement, its possible that season two will be on crunchyroll and not on adult swim which is ashame considering how decent it did viewerwise. though of course it pales in comparison to the monster that is the dragon ball franchise. not to mention the success of hunter x hunter. and if they do end up broadcasting both stardust crusaders and its sequel , it will be even smaller.

Except IBO S1's dub being added to Crunchyroll and other online sites happened months after it aired on Toonami, presumably because the rights were finally available for it to happen.

Besides there's still a lot of merit in a TV airing over a streaming release and the Toonami crew would sure as hell want to keep airing every show they have.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:18 am Reply with quote
Kb24lol wrote:

My guess is during the summer they will have it on Toonami.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1