• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Eromanga-sensei (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlm

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:

Also, nice Kuroneko cameo in episode 8 Smile . I'd suspect the same universe if not for the fact the technology depicted , smartphones and the like, has changed so much it would probably make it an anachronism...

I'd say it's the same universe given that Meruru and Comet-kun are also visible as in-universe anime characters.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Lots of Elf-service in episode 09. I bet a lot of male watchers fell in love with her after this one. Anime hyper

The misunderstanding of "Izumi-sensei is gay" has gone from amusing to laugh-out-loud funny. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:57 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Lots of Elf-service in episode 09. I bet a lot of male watchers fell in love with her after this one. Anime hyper

Elf has been my favourite for a while, I do consider myself a fan. But she has also set herself up for hurt, expecting that he will just fall in love with her, she is not even able to honest to confess and get turned down.

I laughed when Sagiri said she wanted Elf's socks as a souvenir and he said that they need to have a talk.
dlm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
Now that the anime is outpacing the manga, I'm curious as to where this is going.

Although if episode 9's SPOILER is a setup for a Re:Zero joke then i'm going to be sorely disappointed.

spoiler[ Meaning if, say, he changes his mind about Elf right before Eromanga-sensei confesses, longwindedly, because he's otherwise so oblivious, and then he says "I love Emily"]

Speaking of ep9. I had been considering Muramasa as a Kuroneko expy for quite some time. Her wearing that dress cemented it. Even though Kuroneko herself made an actual cameo in the series...
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:02 pm Reply with quote
^Meh, Kuro is so much cooler than Muramasa.

I didn't like episode 10 that much but it looks like next week is FINALLY the time to dive into the past of Masamune's family. Yes.....I've been waiting for this!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:52 am Reply with quote
I thought that the episode was funny because it kind of messed with the image of Muramasa's character. Like revealing that she apparently talks to an imaginary Masamune in her room, with him bluntly asking her to stop doing that. Laughing And I think kind of reverting from the proper look she had of wearing traditional Japanese clothes, to perhaps being a bit pf a chuunibyou that her clothes are more of a cosplay, that she is taking a bit too far with one choice. I am kind of all for Elf teasing her after how she acted earlier, and that it is kind of in good jest if they actually be friends.

I had not really thought of Muramasa to be more of an expy of Kuroneko than Elf, but now that I think about it they could both be, just different aspects of Kuroneko taken to the extreme. One having her calm and collected side, Japanese aspects although also with touch of being less mature than she acts. While the other is her more fun and charismatic side, with gothic style, quite insightful. Honestly one of those sides I preferred more, and that is the character I prefer here.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11 was really freaking cute. I loved seeing their story as kids. I like the "mystery pen pal trope" where characters get close to each other simply through texting or letters like that but they don't know who is who.

Also, the whole Oreimo gang showed up this time; naisu. xD I wondered if that would happen.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:57 am Reply with quote
Yeah, it was cute. Kind of got me excited too. But the shock when little Sagiri made the comment about her mother's drawing, followed with she apparently learned the language from her.

And the Oreimo gang, I wonder if this directly placed it within the other's timeline, probably be too much that the book had actually been referenced before but clearly would be right up Kirino's alley.
dlm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:44 am Reply with quote
SO much awesome in episode 11. The backstory was cute, and then when they were walking through Akiba, I think it took me two hours to watch because of all of the pausing, taking in the backgrounds.

And suddenly, spoiler[Kirino! And Kuroneko and the rest. Kousuke looking back with a "what the hell are they babbling about now" look on his face was priceless!]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:12 am Reply with quote
Eh, I didn't find any of it cute. A bit too much of a coincidence for me to buy it. It also felt unnecessary to me to make their dreams connected like that. Kinda feels similar to that trope where a love interest is actually a long forgotten childhood friend. Makes it feel like a very cheap way to make their relationship "deeper" or something. Blegh.

But all of that wouldn't have been so bad if I cared about the characters. Elf is okish but I don't really like the cast. So it's difficult to care about anyone or any of this stuff. The cameo was nice though.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Eh, I didn't find any of it cute. A bit too much of a coincidence for me to buy it.

Oh yes, it requires a lot of "suspension of disbelief", sure....but it's still a pretty cute modern-day fairytale. (and yes, those scenes ARE cute; don't argue with me about cuteness Anime hyper)

I don't think it's a coincidence that they inspired each other to become pros and found each other through that exact reason, but that their single parents ended up marrying.

That's the only part that's hard to buy. If it were up to me; I'd write their meeting in person in a different way....perhaps like this:

spoiler[ Both kids really get interested in light novel goods and beg their parents to take them to a comiket. The kids meet in person and discover the truth about each other through events. Something awful happens during the trip home (train crash/ earthquake take your pick) and the two are orphaned and sent to a foster home. Masamune's relative decides to take him in but he won't leave without Sagiri so they take her too; boom, now they live together like step-siblings in a more believable circumstance! Sagiri is still a shut-in because she's terribly depressed over losing her beloved mother.]

Quote:
t also felt unnecessary to me to make their dreams connected like that.Makes it feel like a very cheap way to make their relationship "deeper" or something.

I didn't think it was unnecessary at all. It explains the bond between them; it's something Masamune doesn't have with the other girls. I don't see anything "cheap" about it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:46 am Reply with quote
I don't know how relevant, but a couple things to note was that not only was her mum doing illustration, his father seemed to be reading light novels, that they themselves were otaku or similar.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:34 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I didn't think it was unnecessary at all. It explains the bond between them; it's something Masamune doesn't have with the other girls. I don't see anything "cheap" about it.

A revelation like this so late in the show when Masamune and Sagiri are already pretty close feels unnecessary to me. It feels forced, like it's only supposed to make Sagiri feel like the chosen girl. And we already knew that she is prior to these flashbacks.

But really the big reason why none of this was cute is because like I said I don't like the characters. I only rolled my eyes at Sagiri's impressive bravery of leaving her room which somehow made her exhausted. We are this late into the show and that's the best she can do? Pfft. Lame. Blegh.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:42 pm Reply with quote
But we needed more than "I like her because she's my cute step-sister" to really get invested in the romance between these two :/

Which I don't think we got that much of prior to this episode, which completely sold me to want them together as a couple.

A hikkomori getting worn out just from leaving her room is dumb....I agree, especially since this isn't the first time we saw her leave anyway.
Dunk_Kong

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:49 am Reply with quote
I drop the anime after watching first episode, but found it is interesting after seeing the next episode. Could be my best list for comedy for this season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 13