• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Streams 4th Digimon Adventure tri. Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Can't for the 5th movie.

The 4th movie answered some important questions, though one big one still remains. Ah well, maybe in movie 5 or 6. Overall, I liked it, though the cliffhanger was pretty abrupt.

spoiler[I could see some people not liking Himekawa's motivations, but I think it's thematically appropriate that an inability to grow up and overcome the death of a close friend caused her to team up with Yggdrasil and try her crazy plan.]
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Most abrubpt ending ever. They also wasted so much time with the eveolution to each level.
TOEI are still cheap bastards afterall.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I feel that the whole spoiler[Biyomon rejecting Sora] was kind of forced and really annoying. But honestly, I just want to see the rest... Especially since I'm almost sure that spoiler[Himekawa will snap and start destroying things. B****.]
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:20 pm Reply with quote
This movie was really no different then the rest. While I don't hate these movies the writing is kind of all over the place and feels forced. The whole spoiler[issue Biyomon had with Sora] was really forced. Then when they did overcome the problem they completely steal those character's moment by having spoiler[Patamon and Tentomon Mega Digivolve and help defeat Machinedramon] The major focus of the movie didn't get to have a strong climatic finish to the movie.

P.S.spoiler[Ya Sora should have [expletive] died this episode like literally die. She got crushed between Machindramon's claw(easily a couple of tons) and the wall of an ice cliff. There should have been a flood of blood pouring out of her mouth. I think Sora should have died or been dying and with the last bit of energy Biyomon digivolved into Phoenixmon and healed her of injuries or brought her back to life, since you know the Phoenix is known for reviving from the dead.]
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
P.S.spoiler[Ya Sora should have [expletive] died this episode like literally die. She got crushed between Machindramon's claw(easily a couple of tons) and the wall of an ice cliff. There should have been a flood of blood pouring out of her mouth. I think Sora should have died or been dying and with the last bit of energy Biyomon digivolved into Phoenixmon and healed her of injuries or brought her back to life, since you know the Phoenix is known for reviving from the dead.]

You're absolutely right on this one. I couldn't agree more!
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
spoiler[Ya Sora should have [expletive] died this episode like literally die. She got crushed between Machindramon's claw(easily a couple of tons) and the wall of an ice cliff. There should have been a flood of blood pouring out of her mouth. I think Sora should have died or been dying and with the last bit of energy Biyomon digivolved into Phoenixmon and healed her of injuries or brought her back to life, since you know the Phoenix is known for reviving from the dead.]

HEY TOEI! I FOUND YOU A GOOD WRITER! WHY DON'T YOU TRY HIM OUT?

It's really sad when random people from the internet are better at this then payed writers.
kurosyamito

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:56 pm Reply with quote
I know that the movie is about Sora, but there are other things that I dont understand.

mainly about Hikarispoiler['s Salamon. So it shinka to Tailmon, but why didn't it turn back to Salamon after battle? I thought the whole reason Tailman managed to maintain her champion form because she has higher EXP due to be under the bad guy from season 1? So if the universe has reboot, wont her EXP turns back to normal?]
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:47 am Reply with quote
Damn it, Toei just tell us what the hell happened with the 02 cast already! We're already four movies in with 2/3rds of the story almost complete and we still don't know what happened to them and no one acknowledges them despite that you're not completely ignoring the elements relating to 02? You're only making things worse for yourselves! Damn, this is so annoying and frustrating!

As for how Loss compares to the previous three films, I am glad that excluding the big elephant in the room I mentioned above, I am glad that we are finally getting some answers into regards of what the Digital World reboot is all about, who's the real big bad behind all of this, how does Meiko and Meikuumon fit into all of this, and what Maki's real motivations for why she wants the reboot to happen.

Also, evil Gennai is definitely a creep alright and his now infamous moments with licking Sora and strangling Meiko is going to be something that fans won't forget anytime soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1