• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gakuen Babysitters Manga Has 'Important Announcement' on March 24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:46 am Reply with quote
Really hope this will be an anime adaptation. I've been reading this for awhile and the atmospheric storytelling with the characters is nicely written. They could get a nice studio to adapt this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:34 pm Reply with quote
An anime of this would be a dream come true! But I dunno, it's been around for so long if it was going to get an anime it'd have gotten one a long time ago. Then again I doubt it'd get a stage play or a live action adaption either.
AnimeBoy16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:38 pm Reply with quote
When I read the first couple of chapters of this manga I really liked it, but now this is currently one of my most hated manga series.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:49 pm Reply with quote
And why is that, exactly?
AnimeBoy16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
And why is that, exactly?

The manga started out very nice and sweet, but after a while it became a lot more mean-spirited. One example is how one of the characters, Hayato, constantly abuses his five-year old brother and barely gets called out for it. I actually once felt like crying after reading a certain chapter because of how horrible Hayato was towards Taka. The only characters I like in this manga are Kotarou, the twins, and Saikawa, the butler. Everyone else is either an unlikeable jerk or a passive idiot.

Last edited by AnimeBoy16 on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Do you not have siblings? That's kinda how it works. Ryuichi is always telling Hayato not to hit Taka so it's not like no one calls him out on it. Though Taka usually deserves it anyways and he's not seriously harmed.
AnimeBoy16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Do you not have siblings? That's kinda how it works. Ryuichi is always telling Hayato not to hit Taka so it's not like no one calls him out on it. Though Taka usually deserves it anyways and he's not seriously harmed.

Even if Taka acts pretty bratty at times, that doesn't mean he deserves to get hit. I think any little kid would constantly misbehave if they had a brother like Hayato. There has also been times where Hayato has hit the other kids in the daycare just for being slightly annoying, not just Taka. There was a part in a chapter in which Hayato hit the twins in front of the twins' father and the father hardly does anything. Ryuichi does sometimes tells Hayato to not hit little kids, but he never does anything beyond that. If I was Ryuichi, I would demand that Hayato stop this abuse and wouldn't want him anywhere near kids if he has such a short temper. Ryuichi and Kotauro are brothers, yet they care deeply for each other and Ryuichi would never intentionally hurt Kotauro.
Robiiii

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Well this def doesnt sound like a series for me, coz i hate kids.
Maybe if its a comedy series, then perhaps its worth something
Maybe lol

Last edited by Robiiii on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:35 pm Reply with quote
AnimeBoy16 wrote:
Ryuichi and Kotauro are brothers, yet they care deeply for each other and Ryuichi would never intentionally hurt Kotauro.

Just goes to show that sibling dynamics are different. It's been shown repeatedly that Taka and Hayato do care about each other too but they're super awkward about it.

I know society's all hung up on the idea that children must be placed in a bubble and sheltered from any hardships but a couple of knocks on the noggin are good for building character.
mierin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Ooh I wonder if it will be adapted to anime. If so, yay!

I know the manga had a drama cd adaptation a few years ago (still have the CD somewhere in my closet), and it was so cute back then. But I think live action would probably work too, if they could find kids that could play those little kids, that is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1