• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Weekend With Nintendo Switch

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwydion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Count me as another who's feeling grateful to report that I've only had the framerate issue and nothing else, not even the issues with the left joy con. In fact, I actually quite like the controller that comes with the system. Maybe it's because I have small hands or something, but I actually think it's pretty comfortable, and after all the talk about it, I was worried that wouldn't be the case. So thankfully the pro controller is not a "must buy" for me!

Honestly, the Switch has ended up being exactly what I wanted in a system. I wasn't hopeful that it would live up to my expectations, but it somehow did (Zelda being amazing certainly doesn't hurt in that regard). I love playing on a TV, but with my current living situation, I wouldn't get to play it very much if that were the only option. I can see how it would be less desirable to someone who doesn't have to worry about that, but for me it's perfect. The current line up of games is lacking, and 1-2-Switch is way too expensive, but between Zelda and the games coming down the pipe, I'm very happy with it. Here's hoping that those waiting for the holidays when there are more games to pick up end up with as good an experience as I've had so far!
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:40 am Reply with quote
I'm also in the group of people that haven't experienced any problems whatsoever with the Switch, and I have close to 30 hours into Breath of the Wild, and an hour or so playing Snipperclips, both in handheld mode and docked mode, as well as using the detached joycons and pro controller. Hopefully I don't run into anything troublesome anytime soon, but we'll see.

Otherwise spoken, the Switch has been a fantastic console for me so far. I love handhelds, and not having to be stuck in front of a TV screen to play games is wonderful, especially for Breath of the Wild.

And Breath of the Wild is... wow. Just... wow. The game is a revelation in game design. It fulfills a promise of adventure and freedom of exploration like no game before it. TBH, I was pretty tepid on the game based on all of the videos and previews I saw in the weeks prior to the launch. But having actually played the game now, all of my expectations were completely blown out of the water. The game is a masterpiece through and through, and the deeper I get into it, the more it sucks me into its world.

The Switch launch is admittedly a bit barebones as far as the number of games, but the future ahead looks pretty bright. Splatoon 2 is the big one I'm looking forward to, but there's also Mario Odyssey, Arms, and Mario Kart coming down the road. Plus there's a number of indie titles I'm looking forward to (Master Blaster, Yooka Laylee, Pocket Rumble and a few others), so I'm feeling pretty satisfied with my investment so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2