• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Opens Your Name. Ticket Sales

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbobot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow. This will be the first time I won't have to go out of my way to see an anime film as 1 of my two usual local theaters is actually showing it.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Destiny FTW! Very Happy
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
Wow. This will be the first time I won't have to go out of my way to see an anime film as 1 of my two usual local theaters is actually showing it.

Same. Here in Grand Rapids, the major movie chain books Ghibli movies but no other anime, so I've had to drive to Detroit or Kalamazoo (where we've had an Alamo, but it's due to close soon) for events like Madoka Magica Rebellion, Expelled From Paradise, or Love Live. Amazingly, the theater that's getting it here is the one a mile from my house.

I already saw Your Name. a week ago in-flight on Delta, but it's great and I'm definitely up for seeing it again on a big screen.
thenextday

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:05 pm Reply with quote
So how do I know if a showing is dubbed or subbed? The theater site doesn't say anything about it.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Well it's nice that they have the theaters, but it seems that the theaters near me don't have the showtimes set, so I still can't buy tickets Sad .

While it doesn't have as extensive a number of theaters as Shin Godzilla (which was shown in a theater about a mile from my apartment), I will be able to see it a little closer than the usual place. Granted I'm lucky to be in an area that has anime films regularly shown fairly close. It wasn't long ago that that wasn't the case for me, so I'm glad this film is more easily available to more people (Actually it is showing in a theater near where I used to live in Pennsylvania so I would have been able to see this even if I hadn't moved down to here to Northern Virginia).
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Amazing, they've got it in 5 different theaters here in the Orlando metro. I don't think even the last Ghibli film got that much coverage.

Mark Gosdin
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:49 pm Reply with quote
thenextday wrote:
So how do I know if a showing is dubbed or subbed? The theater site doesn't say anything about it.

That's my issue. I would rather see it subbed, but there's no info on which showings are which.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:02 pm Reply with quote
There are two local theaters in my area, though one of them showed the Fathom Mononoke event, so fingers crossed they get expanded into the showings. If not, well, I can always drive two hours to the nearest city. ^^;
Gemnist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Yes! It's playing at my usual theater!

EDIT: Okay, it's actually another theater - but it's still only 14 minutes away!

Last edited by Gemnist on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:37 pm Reply with quote
nice. Playing in NH. There hasn't been a movie up here since Resurrection F. Its is 30 miles form home, but at least it isn't Boston

rahzel rose wrote:
thenextday wrote:

That's my issue. I would rather see it subbed, but there's no info on which showings are which.

should probably call the theater
WarrFork

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Ugh add Canada cities already. Why slowly adding in theaters? Give us a list instead of that crappy postal code thingy. I don't mind driving farther.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
So... I've never seen an anime movie in theaters... Can you get the tickets at the box office, or can you only get them online?
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

should probably call the theater

Yes, probably. I just hate phones, and also there's no reason why this information shouldn't be up on their website.
ly000001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:28 pm Reply with quote
WarrFork wrote:
Ugh add Canada cities already. Why slowly adding in theaters? Give us a list instead of that crappy postal code thingy. I don't mind driving farther.

According to the Cineplex Odeon site, it'll play at

- Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas, Vancouver BC
- SilverCity Riverport Cinemas, Richmond BC
- Scotiabank Theatre Chinook, Calgary AB
- Cineplex Odeon South Edmonton Cinemas, Edmonton, AB
- Cineplex Cinemas Winston Churchill, Oakville ON
- Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas and VIP, Toronto ON
- Cineplex Cinemas Scarborough, Scarborough ON
- SilverCity Richmond Hill, Richmond Hill ON
- Scotiabank Theatre Ottawa (formerly SilverCity Gloucester), Gloucester ON
- Cinémas Cineplex Forum, Montréal QC
slau783

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:38 pm Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
So... I've never seen an anime movie in theaters... Can you get the tickets at the box office, or can you only get them online?

I got my SAO tickets at the box office the night of the showing. But there were two theaters within a few miles showing it so I was not worried about it selling out. If there is a very specific time and day you want to watch it then get them online or risk it being sold out. But since this is a much wider release than your typical anime movie, I doubt it will be sold out. What I hate about getting tickets online is they charge you a service fee of a dollar something depending on the theater which just adds 10% to 20% to the price of the ticket.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3