• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation Posts Violet Evergarden Novels' 2nd Anime Commercial

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay_Stone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:30 am Reply with quote
It looks so good! I can't wait for this!
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:11 am Reply with quote
If the inevitable TV anime ends up looking this good, I'll be beyond excited.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:33 am Reply with quote
Wow, my eyes just did backflips. I didn't even know they could do that.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:04 am Reply with quote
Damn that looked beautiful.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:00 am Reply with quote
Wow, that was beautiful. I really hope this is a TV anime.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:02 am Reply with quote
This is quite possibly KyoAni's most beautiful work, and that's saying something. As much as I'd like to see it as soon as possible, I'd rather they take the time to look like that consistently.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:54 am Reply with quote
Simply stunnig, really cant wait for this to air, because this is a true masterpiece when it will come down to animation and if the story etc can keep it up. This truly will have the chances to be one of the best of the year
FloozyGod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
Good God damn that is some crazy animation. Based KyoAni
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:10 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Simply stunnig, really cant wait for this to air, because this is a true masterpiece when it will come down to animation and if the story etc can keep it up. This truly will have the chances to be one of the best of the year

Best of the year would be an understatement if they can get the story anywhere close to the level of the animation.

If this ends up being a TV series and they keep this level up throughout its run, KyoAni ought to be crowned the best animation studio at the very least when it comes to TV anime.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
I was just going to post that I want to see this anime air soon. But KyoAni is teasing this so much that if it takes more than 1.5 years to air, I might not have any emotional investment by then.

Kyoto Animation is one of the best anime studios, but this teasing is getting ridiculous.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I think it will be worth the wait if it looks like this. A work of this caliber deserves taking the time to do it right. I understand wanting as soon as we can (I can't say I haven't felt that way about this) but too much anime these days is rushed and we know the costs of that. Let them take as much time as they need but nothing more for our sake
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap! Wow, that was some absolutely gorgeous animation right there. I'm now keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a TV series and one that will be very enjoyable for many.
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I was just going to post that I want to see this anime air soon. But KyoAni is teasing this so much that if it takes more than 1.5 years to air, I might not have any emotional investment by then.

Kyoto Animation is one of the best anime studios, but this teasing is getting ridiculous.

has this really been excessively teased? There have only been 2 PVs so far and each one spaced out by quite a bit. Confused
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

This was literally the second PV, this one being 30 seconds long and the first one being just as long.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

has this really been excessively teased? There have only been 2 PVs so far and each one spaced out by quite a bit. Confused

I should have said that seeing teases since last year and not having an aproximate air date is getting ridiculous. Perhaps I am exaggerating because I am not patient enough to wait months and months for this show to finally air.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2