• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wondering about the Feature and the "window frame" on the main page for ACCA

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kosaka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious, what's the story about the "Anime Spotlight - ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept." March 15 or 16 Feature and the background image "window frame" on the main page for ACCA? (I'm guessing "window frame" or "top half of a window frame" isn't the right terminology, but I'm not sure what the right wording is.) I'm watching ACCA and I think it's a really good show, by the way. I click on the "CLICK" button in the "window frame" and I see an updated Anime Spotlight series introduction page, a link to the Japanese language series web site, and a link to a Twitter page, and that's it, so am I missing something? The Twitter page mentions Blu-rays and DVDs, but I can't tell if they have English subtitles. Are the Feature, the "window frame", and the updated Anime Spotlight page there to encourage people to import discs or other goods? Is the production committee or a fan trying to increase the Crunchyroll viewership? Just wondering.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Hi Kosaka,

The ads are by Bandai Visual. I believe the intent is to increase interest in the title, they aren't targeting DVD/BD sales right now, but of course increased interest will lead to more DVD/BD sales when they are released in North America.

I don't know if the Japanese discs have subtitles. But if you can't find any information about subs, I wold assume that they don't.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1