• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Power Rangers Actor Pleads Guilty to Killing Roommate With Sword

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilacSkyAtDawn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:02 am Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Only 6 years? Are you kidding me? He should be going away for life!

While I do understand how these things work and why the prosecution probably had to give him 6 years or risk him getting away scot-free, I also agree with this. The law really is incredibly loophole-ridden, no matter the country.

And I don't see why the overall tone in this comments section should be sympathetic just because the guy acted in some people's favourite shows (I've never watched any of them, myself, but it wouldn't have swayed me even if I had). Killing an unarmed man with a sword to the gut isn't something to be looked over so lightly, imo. It strikes me as being way more violent than typical cases of self-defence.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:02 pm Reply with quote
America court system works so weird. If you plead guilty then you get less sentence. Its like the police force you to plead guilty. here in Europe we say: Weird Americans..or... Only in America xD
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:08 pm Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
America court system works so weird. If you plead guilty then you get less sentence.

You can plead guilty to a crime in this country and still wind up serving a substantial amount of time in prison. Like in some cases an accused murderer can choose between taking a case to court where the death penalty is in play but plead guilty to get life.

TheMorry wrote:
Its like the police force you to plead guilty.

Not to far off from actually incidents in which the police have coerced people into admitting guilt which leads to problems later on down the road.

TheMorry wrote:
here in Europe we say: Weird Americans..or... Only in America xD

I don't like to think we're very lenient when it comes to punishing certain crimes.....unlike places like Great Britain or Australia from what I've heard and seen.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:

Considering it's manslaughter, I think at least 12 years would suit.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:25 am Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:

Well that's how pleas work, a sentence isn't mandatory, 6 years isn't bad for someone who claiming to kill a guy with a sword in self defense.

I wonder if thing would have turned out differently if he used a gun though.
AkaRed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:39 am Reply with quote
« Power Rangers Samurai/Super Samurai » blessed with sucks there is also Rene Naufahu who are being arrested for participation, among other things, of molestation and sexual immorality. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2