• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: UQ Holder! TV Anime Reveals October Debut, Visual, Cast, Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoshikawa Subaru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:38 am Reply with quote
Seeing yui, maki and nodaka like that ... I just have this feeling it's going to have an anime original ending @@ please god don't ruin it Anime cry I love UQ holder...
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:23 am Reply with quote
Is it necessary to watch Negima anime first or can I safely jump into UQ Holder?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:40 am Reply with quote
@Kon'Doriano

What HeeroTX posted is not the twist. That is just incidental information. You obviously have no knowledge of the original manga or anime or that would not be surprising. If you were familiar with the manga, they gave away the twist in the article.

@Admiral Pizzaman

The short answer is no, it wouldn't help. The first anime only covered a few arcs of the much longer manga and had an anime original ending. The second anime took the characters and went off in its own weird tangent. There were a few OVAs issued with later manga volumes but as far as I know they were not released outside Japan.

It might help to read the original manga, but I assume they will have to work around that somehow in the show.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:19 am Reply with quote
Hopefully the OAD gets picked up here. We had bad luck on all the Negima ones and maybe, MAYBE we'll actually get those for once...
matt78

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:54 am Reply with quote
Hoshikawa Subaru wrote:
Seeing yui, maki and nodaka like that ... I just have this feeling it's going to have an anime original ending @@ please god don't ruin it Anime cry I love UQ holder...

It would be nice if this was a hint at a new Negima anime if this does well. Unfortunately I've all but given up on that happening.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
HeeroTX wrote:
Yukihime's bewbs are fake...

thanks for the spoilers . DIE

That was a (joke) reply to "people are gonna watch the show for her boobs", geez people. I mean if that's SERIOUSLY the case (a) spoiler[There's MUCH more full nudity in the manga moreso than 1 characters boobs] and (b) UQ Holder is spoiler[apparently Akamatsu's ode to his loli fetish, since most every girl is either a loli or at least flat-chested. If anyone went in for the big breasts, they're gonna be HORRIFICALLY disappointed since Yukihime's adult form is less often seen and ALL the other girls look like they're 12 (ALL the time instead of "half the time").]

EDIT: Plus, like others have said, I dunno what kinda crazy person is gonna go into this without some info about Negima, since the story itself kinda assumes you have some.
NormanS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I hope the fights will be animated decently. UQ holder is mostly a martial arts anime as opposed to the dragon ball levels of magic arts that Negima had.
Hoshikawa Subaru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
Is it necessary to watch Negima anime first or can I safely jump into UQ Holder?

to be honest when i first started reading the manga, i never read negima before and was still able to keep up with most of the story. if you have time you should read it since there are a lot of references to a series and negima is just awesome lol
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
@Kon'Doriano

What HeeroTX posted is not the twist. That is just incidental information. You obviously have no knowledge of the original manga or anime or that would not be surprising. If you were familiar with the manga, they gave away the twist in the article.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've already made that apparent in my first comment.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote
@Kon'Doriano

In which case you haven't been spoiled. Mislead maybe, but not spoiled. Regardless the full answer will probably show up in the first or second episode of the anime, if it follows the manga.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:40 am Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:

No, it's not necessary to watch/read Negima to get into UQ Holder. Everything gets explained.

Besides, even if you did watched the Negima Anime, it wouldn't have helped as it skipped a ton of the main plot and focused on the fanservice. (Not to mention the second Anime - Negima!? was not even part of the original manga canon, it went off on it's own tangent). Razz
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:52 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Interesting...

JC Staff. They've been quite busy lately by the looks of it. I'll look forward to this show, hopefully see a PV soon.

definitely a surprise. was expecting the one of the previous two studios (though XEBEC was highly unlikely) but didn't see or expect JC Staff to be animating UQ Holder. though that picture of the cast looks more like its from XEBEC animation than the typical JC Staff animation.

the real question is who will the cast be? its possible that there will be an entire new cast for the japaneese side considering how long its been since the negima ovas. as for the english dub version, its a high probability that funi would get the series, though with miss bailey and her husband more or less pursuing other things than anime VA , finding a dub replacement for evangeline will definitely be a hard concept. that is if funi even gets the license for the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2