• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Free! Anime Franchise Gets 2 Compilation Films, New Theatrical Anime This Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
xyz wrote:
I don't mind they keep going forever. More MakoHaru is always a good thing. Very Happy

Well, you gonna keep on waiting then. Rolling Eyes
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I care for the compilation films, but the new movie sounds cool. Would be awesome to see them compete on a college level or even the Olympic level!
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:36 am Reply with quote
nomyx wrote:
What the heck is with all those compilation films crap? Are you telling me they actually make money with recycling their stuffs like this?

Yes they do, this has been done so many times like KNB or Gintama and it sells because of the popularity, ultimatemegax explained it well. For example the recent compilation run of Yuri On Ice all night screening was a success tickets for the main venue were sold out and it was aired in 47 cinemas. This was done not long before the final episode and the latest blu ray was released yet people still bought tickets for the compilation film. In this case, Free! is one of Kyoani's most popular title and the movie faired well last year. Free! Eternal Summer ended 3 yrs ago so a compilation is actually a good thing and it'll fund the new movie project. I was not satisfied by the ending of FSD I wanted to know what happened Nao and Natsuya or the others after they all got seperated, it's a good thing theyre going to do a sequel about FSD I want to see their grown up version brcause the shota version was a bit uncomfotable for me to watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2